My Car Does Not Like Starting In The Morning

john

Question

Hi my name is John and i am new to your forum. I was wondering if anyone as had the same problem as me. when starting my chrysler grand voyager 2.5CRD LX   first thing in the morning as mine has.

I go to the car get in and start the car it starts and wont tick over or idle it seems to start then runs as if there is not enough fuel getting to the engine the revs go down then pick up then down again for about ten seconds or so then cuts out and it does this every time i start the car not as bad as in the morning but if left for a few hours it would be just as bad. when its on the move there is not a problem it runs great even on cruise control no problem its only when starting the car. has anyone else had a problem like this and if so how did you cure it i have only had the car for about four weeks i sold my nissan terrano 2.7TDI so i could get this car as it has a wheelchair ramp and i need it to go to and from appointments with my wife i like the car but up to now am not to impressed can anyone help.

1 answer to this question

Hi John

Welcome to the best forum in the world

:)

If you have just purchased, suggest that a trip back to the selling person may be in order?

If its a car dealer - you have 'rights'.

If its a deal with a private individual, you may well find that a computer hook up may be in order.

Good luck

:(

Penguin