Cambelt

ForzaLancia

Question

5 answers to this question

all done bar putting the undertray back on, which is a bit of a faff. Did it my self, I have the advantage of doing the 1.9 engine in my Alfa and having the correct locking tools which makes the job easier. Hardest bit was tensioning the belt as the design has changed a little and is harder to lever, and also viewing the pointer as there is so much more body metal in the way. The engine has to be jacked up or down a bit to access or view certain parts. Clearly helps in a crash but not for ease of access.

This site here gives a good write up for the engine albeit in a Vauxhall

https://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/belt-replacement-guide-vauxhall-insignia/

the belt itself was quite worn, structurally sound, no fraying cord or damaged teeth, but the rubber surface was very worn and a lot of rubber dust had built up on the belt cover. Certainly feel like I caught it in time.

HTH

I had the belt and water pump done in mine; only on 49k, but over due on time; it was a useful haggling point when I bought the car. I did the belts and water pump on a 1.9CDTi Astra Sport Hatch which is basically the same and it wasn't a difficult job, although that was the single cam version.