Indicators Going Mad.

Eadyp

Question

Hi wonder if anyone can help.

4th gen GV and my rear indicators have started playing up. There fine on hazard but left or right and they intermittently blink ok or dont work and the fronts and sides flash fast....

Iv checked relays and fuses i can find and all seem ok. Id assumed the same relays do all the indicators? Any ideas?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

You've found the rear fuse box then, that was the cause of my issue, although it was all the indicators that were flashing rapidly. Hazard and unlock worked fine.
I'd pulled the fuses checking for a battery drain and put one back in the wrong slot. 

I'd try to hand trace the towbar electrics, try and find a dedicated bypass relay, and check the wiring is all ok. Can't remember if mines had one or not, can remember removing all the panelling roof to boot floor and towards the wheelwell at the LHS of the car though.
There must be a connection to the bodywork somewhere for ground/negative, make sure it's ok. 

Hi,

Mine turned out to be a loose piece of metal on the rear lights cluster. (my symptoms were erratic electrics and even occasional loss of power). 

I eventually niticed if it was put in reverse it was worse so guessed it might be linked to the rear lights clusters. 

I had it worse on the left (odd electrical behaviour) but i swapped the two clusters over and it all changed - and then I spotted a loose piece of metal bridging the contact points on the light cluster. 

They are easy to remove and check so worth a shot i'd say. 

Replacement was £20 of ebay

Cheers

Chris