Fuel Filter 1.6 Multijet Question

TJB

Question

I've decided to change the fuel filter on my Delta; it looks as though it may never have been done. I've got a replacement from my local motor factor, a Bosch N2076 which looks to be very similar and says Fiat, Lancia, Alfa on the box. However, my original filter has a big black electrical connector on the bottom and the Bosch one doesn't.

Anyone any experience with this. I'm guessing the electronics are to warn when the filter needs changing, so if I keep to a 2 yearly filter change will there be any other issues?

Edited by TJB

5 answers to this question

I've decided to change the fuel filter on my Delta; it looks as though it may never have been done. I've got a replacement from my local motor factor, a Bosch N2076 which looks to be very similar and says Fiat, Lancia, Alfa on the box. However, my original filter has a big black electrical connector on the bottom and the Bosch one doesn't.

Anyone any experience with this. I'm guessing the electronics are to warn when the filter needs changing, so if I keep to a 2 yearly filter change will there be any other issues?

You just screw the sensor out of the old filter and use the seal from the new filter to seal it QED