Cheap Delta On A4C

MikeyRules

Question

Just spotted a 1.6jtdm Grey 11 plate (RO11 FUE) Delta Se with 55k and full service history on A4C.

Standard cloth spec and manual air-con but with rear parks. There's a few cosmetic blemishes to the bodywork, and it's been keyed down one side, but nothing serious that couldn't be fixed easily. Oh and annoyingly only 1 key!

Trade auction ends tonight, and currently no bids... (Starts at £1450) but I reckon if unsold it will be on a 'buy it now' over the weekend. Could be cheap entry into Delta ownership for someone!?

13 answers to this question

its the JTDM I'm after. There is a grey one in Kings Lynn at £2250 which is tempting, but ideally would prefer it in white with a black roof. Probably too fussy, but seeing as white is the most popular colour one must come up soon at the £2k mark. Then again the clutch has just gone on my Alfa GT so may have to make a move regardless.

Is A4C the  Bristol Street Motors site?

a nice bronze savannah went through Walsall BCA for £1200 plus buyers premium (approx£350). An SE petrol with 53000 miles, Reg MKM when it surfaces. Would have bought it but I had 10 seconds to make a decision as they were running 20 mins early, so it was going through just as I got there. Grrr.

Wow what a cheap car that was! Even in basic SE spec that's still a bargain!

The market perception of cars always makes me laugh! I still stand by the fact that the Delta IS a better car than the Giulietta! ...and that's coming from someone who loves Alfas! 

Wow what a cheap car that was! Even in basic SE spec that's still a bargain!

The market perception of cars always makes me laugh! I still stand by the fact that the Delta IS a better car than the Giulietta! ...and that's coming from someone who loves Alfas!

It's funny you should say that as I have driven the Delta equivalent (1.4 turbo) Giulietta in both left and right hand drive and I found the rhd more uncomfortable due to the lack of a driver's clutch foot rest! A poor omission from what is marketed as a driver's car :-(

Edited by Andrewgrale

It's funny you should say that as I have driven the Delta equivalent (1.4 turbo) Giulietta in both left and right hand drive and I found the rhd more uncomfortable due to the lack of a driver's clutch foot rest! A poor omission from what is marketed as a driver's car :-(

Yes completely agree re-the foot rest, although the left hand drives are fine.

No I think it's more than that...

The rear leg room in a Giulietta is no where near as good as the Delta. Ok partly driven by the fact the Delta rear seats slide and recline, but those are also plus points against the G. With the seats slid back the legroom in the rear of the Delta has to be class leading and great for family use. (Better than 939 series Alfas too! So Brera, 159 saloon and Sportwagon) Even being able to slide the single seat forward leaving the double part of the bench back gives great boot space flexibility too!

Then there's the chassis dynamics, and again I think the Delta rides and turns in better than the G too.  Everyone comments on how well the Delta goes down the road... Even my Mastertech who is worse than me for his obsession over Alfa loved driving my Delta!

Obviously looks are subjective, and both are good looking cars, but the Delta plays the 'rare sight on UK roads' card too, so bonus points for exclusivity too! 

So why do I find myself now looking for a Giulietta at twice the price then! Because my misses won't drive anything else!  :rolleyes:  (Now I only have myself to blame for that lol)

The Delta struggles for a foot rest due to the change to RHD - it was not considered initially by the looks of it.......................

The ride is good although can be compromised by larger (17"+) alloys - its the same with many an FCA car of the period - they all appear to be more stiffly sprung. My wife has had a Brava, Stilo, Sedici and her current 500X and they were/are all the same. The one good thing though I find with mine is how stable the car is at speed on a motorway........... 

Edited by Nello