Radio (Mygig Rew) Not Starting; Not A Hd Problem

jtbatstp

Question

Hi all,

getting desperate with my MyGig REW Radio / SAT Nav unit not starting; except every once in a (very long) while. The screen backlight turns on, the power supply fan turns on, but nothing shows on the screen - not even the reverse camera. Well nothing - except I've seen a quick white vertical flash of white at the very edge of the screen a few times.

I've taken the thing completely apart a couple of times - looking for any bad connections etc. and as per instructions to rule out the common hard drive issue I've tried leaving the HD out, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

As a last resort, I found a used power supply card for the particular unit on ebay and gave it a go, but that made no difference either. (So I now have two, if someone's in the need..)

It makes me wonder if the problem is the unit - or maybe it's not getting something it needs from the CAN bus or something.. Any ideas greatly appreciated.. 

BTW does anybody have any idea if these units can be replaced by any aftermarket 2 DIN head units - without losing the original rear view camera? 

Edit: Oh - and the screen backlight stays on for quite a while (minutes) after exiting the car and locking the doors.  

Edited by jtbatstp

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet