Another New Delta Owner

AJC

Question

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Delta S-Series.

I've been looking for a while.  I live in Cornwall and there seem to be very few Deltas down in the South-West.

I'd almost given up and this one popped up at an auction in Bruntingthorpe.  It was the only S-Series I'd seen for sale so I went for it.

I'm into Italian cars, I've got a couple of Alfas and a Lancia MonteCarlo so this one will be given the full Lancia treatment soon.

Cheers

Andrew

Delta 1

Delta 2

Looks great Tim! That sits nicely even without the bumper cut out.

Thanks, I'm pleased with the result. I was concerned there might be a bit of a boy-racer fart-box sound, but it's very subtle. New rear hanger arrived today, so I shall fit that over the weekend.

All the Deltas I see with the cut-out seem to have the exhaust sitting very low, almost making the cut-out pointless. There's a silver one near me in Helensburgh and I noticed on that one first. Anyone else noticed it?

Edited by TJB

Does look like that its not totally necessary from OE - although probably looks better - Not sure why it appears they deliberately went to the trouble of hiding the exhaust on non-Limited/S cars but Frank Stephenson probably thought it ruined the line of the rear.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wSUG_ibJWC4/TBWHyyrasII/AAAAAAAAJ1Y/14UMbgh8hS8/s400/2010-chrysler-Delta-concept---chrysler-concept-Cars-2.gif

Edited by Nello

The exhaust is U design in the box very restrictive, just look last weekend at get a straight threw box design made up  local to me ,my sons had two cars done there ,  diesels dont have and  major sound issues , had 2 with back box delete , just straight threw pipe..