On Autotrader; 1.4 Sr Only 16K Miles

TJB

Question

I just had this pop up in my AutoTrader alerts. It's actually an SR, not an S. OK, it's probably top money but it's a stunning car and ultra low miles. Too good not to share:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201904307465043?radius=1501&model=DELTA&sort=datedesc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=CHRYSLER&postcode=g840lq&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

I think if I was still searching, I'd consider breaking the bank and travelling south for it.

Edited by TJB

If you literally just touch the glass lightly with the unpealed badge it will not adhere fully so you can stand back and move around as desired. As Tim says use the wiper centre to line it up. Its only once you add pressure the adhesive will really stick and bond on to the glass.

Edited by Nello

Thanks for the kind words all, got out today & did all I could do.  Did do the little side badges as well but no photo, I know you all know what they are; but I'm loving the changes.  What a car, can't wait for DVLA to get finished and then we're good to go.

Registration isn't done yet but this is the reg it will get, one I inherited from my HF4WD.

post-3000-0-03878600-1568149272_thumb.jpg

post-3000-0-91137100-1568149278_thumb.jpg

post-3000-0-21146100-1568149287_thumb.jpg

post-3000-0-51146500-1568149293_thumb.jpg

post-3000-0-74426900-1568149330_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deltamike

I still have it, it's on its original Lancia UK reg now of D200 XPN hence the GAS plate going on the mk3  Here is an original picture from Autocar in 1987 plus a modern snap.

It was used with a sister car (D199 XPN) as a journalist demo to show the standard car's prowess at rallying, driven by Jimmy McRae & Mikael Ericsson of Martini Racing.  It's in a few magazines of the time hence why I put it back to its original i.d.

I haven't rallied it since 2015 as my co-driver quit & I haven't been able to find anyone to replace him!

post-3000-0-32028500-1568161217_thumb.jpg

post-3000-0-91224000-1568162796_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deltamike

It's a set of Lancia ones, I found one front & one rear of opposite sides on ebay & Alfashop got the other 2.

Will do, think we may be over around half term in October.

Like the look of the sill plates. I was contemplating a set of these:

kIZXVPd.jpg

Factory ones would be a lot nicer. What was the damage, if you don't mind me asking?

I was thinking of those as well originally but I do prefer the original ones. I also thought about just doing the fronts as they're the ones with the Chrysler logo, however I knew if I didn't do the rears as well it would bug me in the end!

I paid £35 for each front & £20 for each rear, though as said they were from 2 different sources.

I was thinking of those as well originally but I do prefer the original ones. I also thought about just doing the fronts as they're the ones with the Chrysler logo, however I knew if I didn't do the rears as well it would bug me in the end!

I paid £35 for each front & £20 for each rear, though as said they were from 2 different sources.

Thanks Mike, I may keep an eye out in Italian eBay for them once I've recovered from the MOT bill for my other car. :)

My Mum's partner has had quite a few 75's - they are flippin' heavy! ...... Comfy and quite spacious though. And I used to live next door to someone who was high up within the Rover Group who had at one point the 4.6 ZT V8...... Sounded ace!  My next four-door has to be a Ghibli  B)  

Edited by Nello

My Mum's partner has had quite a few 75's - they are flippin' heavy! ...... Comfy and quite spacious though. And I used to live next door to someone who was high up within the Rover Group who had at one point the 4.6 ZT V8...... Sounded ace!  My next four-door has to be a Ghibli  B)  

With you on the Ghibli Neil, its a lovely thing.

I've had 4 75s and a ZT since 2003, I had 200s, 400s and 800s prior to that for 20 odd years. This one is a very early Japanese spec, 2.5 V6 with pretty much every option available at launch, including Personal Line leather and Heritage Collection paint.

I've been a Britcar guy pretty much all my life. However I have to say the Delta is probably the first car I've really bonded with and want to keep since I first got in to a 75.

Got home from the rig and the nice people at Swansea have written to me.  So right now I am the proud first ever owner of AP12 VXC!

Weirdly the V5 says 'first used elsewhere in the UK', which - if you've been following this - we know is B-S & is what caused all the faffing about in the first place; Guernsey isn't in the UK or EU.

Never mind, tomorrow will transfer the GAS plate over & that is finally that!

post-3000-0-02519000-1571583939_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deltamike

Got home from the rig and the nice people at Swansea have written to me. So right now I am the proud first ever owner of AP12 VXC!

Weirdly the V5 says 'first used elsewhere in the UK', which - if you've been following this - we know is B-S & is what caused all the faffing about in the first place; Guernsey isn't in the UK or EU.

Never mind, tomorrow will transfer the GAS plate over & that is finally that!

Well done Mike!!!

Everything comes to he who waits