The Dreaded 1130 Code 2007 2,8 Voyager

ontheroad

Question

Hi all,

as anyone ever found out the cure for the dreaded cutout and the 1130 code when kick down throttle is used on the voyager 2,8 2007 auto,roll to the side turn off ignition and then it will start, will drive all day but when you use heavy throttle the dreaded cut comes in, any info would be appreciated, i have done all the test and changed most of the sensors and pressure valves and checked for air in diesel lines , all seals changed on diesel filter housing, this is the one with the primer up front

cheers keith

Update to 1130 code

I have found the problem which was causing my car to cut out when heavy on the foot, In my case it was the IPM (fusebox) ECU that is on the front, I tried cleaning all contacts aprox 49 but in the end it turned out that this unit that was faulty, I had a IPM unit in the garage with the ECU, after changing the IPM ECU took for test drive and was all okay, took for another test drive today aprox 60 mls with out a problem, so in my case it was the ECU on the front of the IPM (fusebox), i am not saying that this is the problem for all 1130 codes but in my case it was, just a signal drop for less than a second to the HP pump regulator which was enough to drop rail pressure,which the main ECU/PCM picks up on and cuts injector live feeds resulting in engine cut, that's why when you turn off ignition the main ECU resets and the cycle starts all over again, its worth checking that all terminals are clean on the IPM ECU unit, when removing pull it straight out, don't wobble from side to side 49 pins and make sure you have not bent any before putting back,  hope this helps

Edited by ontheroad

Cheers Gordy

thanks for your input and quick reply

i have had the pressure sensor off and cleaned with carb cleaner it was full of crud, i also done a 5v check and ground check the sensor output voltage increases with engine speed, but have not check the turbo, but this will be my next check, hopefully a cure with your help will keep you posted of the out come, once again thanks for your suggestions and hopefully back on the road

cheers keith

cheers Legonsuk

the 2.5 has the filter at the back next to the tank underside and uses  a paper element type filter the later 2.8 use a screw on filter at the front on the engine, this is all new with filter housing so that has been eliminated as cause, but thanks for your reply, glad you got yours solved , i'm just waiting for my turn to be lucky

cheers keith

Edited by ontheroad

Hi Gordy.

check out turbo today and actuator all fine, what a pig of a job, but i can now say its not turbo issues, done all the usual stuff with no answer to cause, to be honest i'm getting a bit feed up with it now, parts replaced are boost sensor fuel pressure sensor + the fuel rail pressure on the end, pump regulator valve on pump        3 star bolts new filter and housing, had fuse box out and checked all connection and wiring plugs, check all connections on ECU, checked wiring for chuffed or broken wires, i'm done for, never again, it will be something silly, its all to common on these motors, but the answer i don't know, will have another look tomorrow, but it going to go now to unreliable 

Hi Soupstone,

thanks for your reply, i checked that before fitting the new housing, this is really getting to me now,  never had so much grief with a car, Chrysler agents are pretty poo when it comes to diagnosis of problem, and want loads of money 

Hi Soupstone,

thanks for your reply, i checked that before fitting the new housing, this is really getting to me now,  never had so much grief with a car, Chrysler agents are pretty poo when it comes to diagnosis of problem, and want loads of money 

If you changed and tested everythnig? 

- Injectors Test. 

- High Pressure Valve

- MAP Sensor (In inlet) 

- Fuel Filter 

- Turbo Actuator

- Cleaned EGR and Inlet

Try to swap or at least clean Mass Air Flow Meter, if you know someone near who owns same car. 

Don't Give up!

If you will need a help pop in to Peterborough. 

cheers Kamannski.

I have changed Mass with new one, i am trying not to give up, i will be double checking again today (Friday),i will be starting from the beginning,going to test all wiring sensor for 5v and earth + signal volts, have got myself together again,  thanks for the offer of help much appreciated, i don't like being defeated because i know its something i'm missing, i will keep you informed of outcome, once again thanks, you might get a visit Lol

Hi Andrewgate.

I thought of that. so got 1 from breakers,it wasn't that, still the same, replaced with rebuilt injectors, not that either, i will get there in the end, i am trying to eliminate things one at a time,so that when i find it i can post for others with the same problem and hopefully help them out, its got into my head to find the culprit that is responsible. 

Hi All with 1130 cut out 

this what i have established , it is not a turbo problem, it is not a sensor problem, the diesel side was a concern because the 1130 code points to that, but i have found that the 1130 code is sending me down the wrong path,

there was a diesel rail pressure problem, but what was causing it was difficult to find, i checked and double checked and all the test that i have done were correct,

I have now found the cause of the problem to my voyager, i have tested the car today and took through the revs and into the red 4k plus with no cut out, took it up to 60 then used kick down several times, it never missed a beat, will be testing again tomorrow and if all okay, i will reveal what was causing the problem on my 2,8 voyager,

i am almost positive that i have found the problem tomorrow will tell

Hi All with 1130 cut out 

this what i have established , it is not a turbo problem, it is not a sensor problem, the diesel side was a concern because the 1130 code points to that, but i have found that the 1130 code is sending me down the wrong path,

there was a diesel rail pressure problem, but what was causing it was difficult to find, i checked and double checked and all the test that i have done were correct,

I have now found the cause of the problem to my voyager, i have tested the car today and took through the revs and into the red 4k plus with no cut out, took it up to 60 then used kick down several times, it never missed a beat, will be testing again tomorrow and if all okay, i will reveal what was causing the problem on my 2,8 voyager,

i am almost positive that i have found the problem tomorrow will tell

If you are within striking distance of Teesside I'll do 2 reads+clears M8.

The fusebox as you call it controls nothing, but yet everything. There are 4 alpha [particularly U] codes all run through wires which pass through the often verdegree'd, corroded, cancer-wired, 3 pin-layerd "fusebox". Your 07 should not be 'minging'.

- best of luck

- now back to the movie.

Hi QinteQ,

I'm south London, but thanks for the offer , I use the word fuse box because not everybody knows what a IPM stands for and most people know what a fuse box is, I removed the IPM and broke it down and checked and cleaned all contacts points but this was not the problem. I was sure that it was a signal problem to or from the ECU/PCM modules, after another day of searching and another cup of tea. bingo the problem to my voyager was staring me in the face, i have now cleared all codes, will give it another thrash tomorrow, i will update after testing

Edited by ontheroad

Hi QinteQ,

I'm south London, but thanks for the offer , I use the word fuse box because not everybody knows what a IPM stands for and most people know what a fuse box is, I removed the IPM and broke it down and checked and cleaned all contacts points but this was not the problem. I was sure that it was a signal problem to or from the ECU/PCM modules, after another day of searching and another cup of tea. bingo the problem to my voyager was staring me in the face, i have now cleared all codes, will give it another thrash tomorrow, i will update after testing

Good, yes most don't know what's in the IPM. Here's a post of mine from four or so years ago, particularly the way the FCM interactions twixt the IPM + PCi data BUS. There are other posts somewhere I made where the pcb-horizontal layers and vertical pins [passing through some but not all layers] are in 'exploded' view.

Best of luck.

Update to 1130 code

I have found the problem which was causing my car to cut out when heavy on the foot, In my case it was the IPM (fusebox) ECU that is on the front, I tried cleaning all contacts aprox 49 but in the end it turned out that this unit that was faulty, I had a IPM unit in the garage with the ECU, after changing the IPM ECU took for test drive and was all okay, took for another test drive today aprox 60 mls with out a problem, so in my case it was the ECU on the front of the IPM (fusebox), i am not saying that this is the problem for all 1130 codes but in my case it was, just a signal drop for less than a second to the HP pump regulator which was enough to drop rail pressure,which the main ECU/PCM picks up on and cuts injector live feeds resulting in engine cut, that's why when you turn off ignition the main ECU resets and the cycle starts all over again, its worth checking that all terminals are clean on the IPM ECU unit, when removing pull it straight out, don't wobble from side to side 49 pins and make sure you have not bent any before putting back,  hope this helps

Good man, glad you (1) chased it down (2) sorted it and (3) let other users know your findings.

cheers QinteQ

when i was trying to find any info on the IPM, nothing came up in the search on the forum,i wished that i had found your wright up on it earlier, when stripping dowm my IPM  i removed the ECU but didn't give it a thought, but i knew i was missing something, but got there in the end ,only thing is i spent money thinking it was to do with fuel problem, the 1130 code sent me in the wrong direction, although it was a fuel problem but indirectly from another source ie broken signal, but the strange thing is it drove okay under normal throttle and you could also pick up speed providing you never floored it Lol   cheers again QinteQ for your support

keith