Testing The Water - Delta For Sale?

MikeyRules

Question

Having to buy an MPV style van for my business, so toying with the idea of selling the Delta as 3 cars might be a pain for driveway space!

Most of the history is documented on here, but suffice to say It's been just over 4 years of fabulous motoring. 

It's a metallic Grey 2012 1.6jtdm SR model on 60k with full Italian Independent service history. The cambelt/water pump kit was replaced last year, and It's just had 4 new tyres, and two replacement front springs as one had snapped at the tail end. 

It has a Lancia Momo style black grill, and all external badges replaced too, along with sill plates and Lancia air-bag. I replaced the centre console heater controls and head unit with piano black versions like in the Limited version, oh and Lancia wheel centre caps too. It comes with a private reg: D3 LTX, and a detachable swan neck tow bar and electrics that's occasionally pulled a small garden trailer. The towbar is removeable and the electric swing under the bumper when not in use.  

It's been maintained regardless of cost, and comes up fab when polished. Being picky it could do with the wheels refurbing as they have some light scuffs, and there is a child's bike scratch in the rear nearside door that won't polish out. I might get these sorted if I get offered a fair price... Open to sensible offers as in no rush to sell.

post-267-0-66583800-1551732038_thumb.jpg

Noooooooooooo! ...........can't lose me Delta 3 wing-man!

My talking sense conversation with my wife fell on deaf ears fella! :( 

She pretty much said ''leave my alfa alone and sell your boys car''!   :angry:  :rolleyes:  Now if her car was a Giulietta, 159 or even a GT I could understand, but it's a Mito, so not exactly family sized.... One word... Women!!!! 

Hi all, I've been looking for a Delta for some time with a view to re badging it Lancia. Not many to be found in Ireland and not that many in the UK either. I am new to the forum and would appreciate any help in my quest. Finding one already re badged would be even better!

Hi all, I've been looking for a Delta for some time with a view to re badging it Lancia. Not many to be found in Ireland and not that many in the UK either. I am new to the forum and would appreciate any help in my quest. Finding one already re badged would be even better!

Well your luck maybe about to change!  :)

I've not advertised it yet, (apart from the post at the top of this thread) due to being too busy with work at the minute... If you're interested let me know/ask any questions etc and I'll be happy to answer. Thx Mike

Cheers Mike, your car looks great !  I guess it's all down to the overall cost. Your price for the car, getting it to southern Ireland and then paying the dreaded VRT tax imposed here on imported vehicles. I'm not sure if you want to discuss this on the forum or if it is appropriate or possible to make contact privately. Please advise.

Having been through the process, I'd definitely recommend taking the plunge - the VRT was suprisingly reasonable in my experience (2.0 LTD) - that was nearly 2 years ago so should be even less now

Go for it - you won't regret it 

If you've any questions, feel free to give me a shout - I'm based in Co Meath

Edited by alfaspud

Having been through the process, I'd definitely recommend taking the plunge - the VRT was suprisingly reasonable in my experience (2.0 LTD) - that was nearly 2 years ago so should be even less now

Go for it - you won't regret it

If you've any questions, feel free to give me a shout - I'm based in Co Meath

Ditto from me, except I'm in Munster and it was a Delta SE multiair for us

Good luck mate..

I am particularly intrigued by the reg plate, how much did if cost you?

Is it for sale?

Cheers fella, I took a deposit on the car yesterday, so pending collection it is gone... Quite sad to see it go really, as it's been such a fabulous car!

I think I paid around £400 for the reg from DVLA select registrations, but I'm letting it go with the car.

Cheers fella, I took a deposit on the car yesterday, so pending collection it is gone... Quite sad to see it go really, as it's been such a fabulous car!

I think I paid around £400 for the reg from DVLA select registrations, but I'm letting it go with the car.

Did the Irish lad buy it?

Sorry to hear she going mate but hopefully:

1) The new owner will join here

2) Keep in touch!

Out of interest - did you get much 'interest' ?

Mine went through the MoT last week - just an advisory about pads..... Had mine 5 years now.

Cheers

Edited by Nello

Sorry to hear she going mate but hopefully:

1) The new owner will join here

2) Keep in touch!

Out of interest - did you get much 'interest' ?

Mine went through the MoT last week - just an advisory about pads..... Had mine 5 years now.

Cheers

Cheers Neil! Yeah I'm sorry too, and will do fella. (y)

It definitely goes down as one of those iconic cars that gets under your skin! Kind of unexpected too, but none the less up there with some of the best Alfas I've owned. 

Yes considering I didn't even get round to advertising the car apart from this thread, I had 5 people send me messages. Although I dare say one or two were messers that wanted something for nothing... but kind of par for the course these days.  :rolleyes:

Anyway the guy who's bought the car has wanted one for about two years, so think he deserves to enjoy it after trying to buy for so long! 

Cheers Neil! Yeah I'm sorry too, and will do fella. (y)

It definitely goes down as one of those iconic cars that gets under your skin! Kind of unexpected too, but none the less up there with some of the best Alfas I've owned. 

Yes considering I didn't even get round to advertising the car apart from this thread, I had 5 people send me messages. Although I dare say one or two were messers that wanted something for nothing... but kind of par for the course these days.  :rolleyes:

Anyway the guy who's bought the car has wanted one for about two years, so think he deserves to enjoy it after trying to buy for so long! 

Good news that it's found a decent home. I missed out on about 5 in the 4 months or so I was looking, so 2 years really is dedication to the cause.

I know what you mean about the car getting under your skin, I've found the same thing. Not since my long-term affair with the Rover 75 / MG ZT (15 years and counting), has a car drawn me in as much. 

Edited by TJB