Transmission Control Relay On A Gv 07 2.8 Crd

Dudge

Question

Hi,

This question has been asked a couple of times in other posts, but no one seems to have an answer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to finding the Transmission Control Relay on a 2007 GV 2.8 CRD. On a petrol, it is in the fuse box next to the battery but it's in another location on the diesel. I've looked at no end of documentation & manuals and while it is referenced all over the place in the texts, there is no clue given as to where to find it.

Any help is MUCH appreciated.....

8 answers to this question

Problem solved!

I went out today to take a look at that 3rd relay, and unfortunately those 3 relays are all for the fans.To my surprise though, while I was fiddling in that area, I found another relay hanging loose that I assume had come off the crossmember and was tucked away where I couldn't see it underneath the battery area. Nowhere, in any of the manuals & documentation I've found, is this relay mentioned at all and if I hadn't been pulling on the loom for more slack I would never have known it was there. I checked the colour coding of the wires, and it matched the wiring I expected for the TC Relay. This relay is the same type as the other 3 for the fans, so I swapped one of those over with the TC Relay, giving all the contacts a good clean in the process. I cleared all the codes with a borrowed ODBII tool, and I'm back to all 4 gears again. I've done around 20 miles and made sure all 4 gears are kicking in so I'm happy that my problem's solved. Thought I'd post this up here in case it helps any others with the same problem. 

Thanks for the response, will have a look at that tomorrow. The manuals linked in other posts show those 3 relays as being fan controls. The one off on its own to the right is for the glow plugs. The three grouped together are all the same though, so will try swapping them around (after marking them up, of course) and see if it solves my problem or throws up another...

A couple of months ago I drove through a large puddle and 10 minutes later the engine light came on and I was stuck in "limp mode" with access to second gear only. Checking the codes with an OBD tool gave the P0700 & P0888 codes. I found an excellent vid on youtube (search "P0888 case study") which gave an in depth tutorial on how to diagnose the P0888 fault, but this was for a petrol engine and while the procedure is the same for petrol / diesel, the relay is in a different location for each. Hope that helps!

hello

i have a Chrysler Grand Voyager crd 2.8 diesel  , i also went through a puddle and instantly i lost all gears thankfully not far and rolled in drive. .. motor and everything kept going just no drive no gears, 1 week later i can still start and select gears , all the right clucking of selecter and nothing happens. the indicator on the dash show gear selection and the linkage on top of gear box is still aligned with original pen marks. just no go. a local indicated it could be the range finder switch but said weird because that is inside cab.

i have a basic OBD but is not showing fault codes but its a ebay cheapy. is there any good drawings and detailed information on transmission on internet and where, its saturday and i would really appreciated some help look forward to any support.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:58 AM, ali said:

hello

i have a Chrysler Grand Voyager crd 2.8 diesel  , i also went through a puddle and instantly i lost all gears thankfully not far and rolled in drive. .. motor and everything kept going just no drive no gears, 1 week later i can still start and select gears , all the right clucking of selecter and nothing happens. the indicator on the dash show gear selection and the linkage on top of gear box is still aligned with original pen marks. just no go. a local indicated it could be the range finder switch but said weird because that is inside cab.

i have a basic OBD but is not showing fault codes but its a ebay cheapy. is there any good drawings and detailed information on transmission on internet and where, its saturday and i would really appreciated some help look forward to any support.

Did you get this sorted i have the same issue. Thanks