Led Bulbs

BumBle02

Question

Hi I i'll found some led head light bulbs that work in the voyager at a reasonable cost they are Q1 H7 and H9 cost £12 and cheaper and will not blind other road users and mot friendly have fitted two sets so far with good results you can buy on ebay now.Jeff

Edited by BumBle02

7 answers to this question

Hi penguin yes I thought that took it to a Mot garage for a alignment check and they said the alignment was the same as the original and would pass it on Mot but not with Hid bulbs so leaving them in for now but will check further in case of new law thanks will let you all know soon.

Edited by BumBle02

As you have changed the specification of the car - your insurance may not be valid. I would be extremely careful. The Police could if they felt really bolshy say that its a modification - check insurance - not valid and have your car off you!

There was an article in 'Dear John' or on 'BBc radio 5 Mr (midnight) Mechanic' within the last few months. Maybe just before clocks went back ..... pedantic but, if you needs to be safe and wants use of car, I would seek alternative sources of info first.

Can't see the police checking bulbs or informing your insurer they are not standard equipment.
Even if they did, i'd think it would have to be proven the lights caused any insurance claim that had arisen.
Put non standard bulbs in today, they give up to 150% more light than standard. Still coded E. Had looked at non road legal bulbs, but I'd rather not blind people.