Rear Screen Washer

johngee

Question

the rear screen washer on my voyager has not worked since i bought it in 2016 i think its about time i fixed it ,i know where the bottle is ( front o/s wing ) but what i need to know is ,is there a pump for the rear and a pump for the front ,when i press the rear washer switch i can not hear it ,but i can hear it when i use the front washer ,any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi johngee

The pump in the engine compartment just in front of the off side wheel. If you turn the steering wheel all the way left you can loosen the wheel arch and get to it. I checked mine and it was ok the problem I had was the pipe was loose in the boot I had to unclip the carpet and the pipe runs up the back off side corner of boot. There is a one way valve that is a push fitting. The pipe had come out of it. It's been fine since but my car smells about when it's sunny.

Hope this helps

Dave

Position of one way valve is: remove plastic floor plate below rear door. Wind back carpet over the well that wires and hoses run in, to offside corner post. Valve fits close on hose and is about 300mm back from post.

If it still doesn't squirt its like mine, burst hose under feet in driving position.