A Question To Leedsman And Qinterq

biscuit

Question

Sorry to sound a bit dim but I have read your topics about wiring a resistor into the charging system. Being a newbie to ownership I'm getting round to doing the jobs like 2nd thermostat ( I can do that) but electrics worry me! When you say you cut the live wire and connect the resistor, is it a case of split the wire and connect to the resistor with the 5amp connector at both ends of the resistor? Thanks. I couldn't quite make it out from the pictures.

4 answers to this question

You can't screw up because you can always reverse it can't you ?

The "Winterising" of cars has been around for as long as there have been cars. GV's however IMO have additional needs of (1) particularly high IOD (2) a big cold lump of an engine in the -0°C UK, a (3) spectacularly poor CCA battery [+ battery tray] and even with a supplimentary Webasto Watertop diesel heater takes (4) too many minutes to heat the high volume cabin.

So while Winterising means tyres, blanket, de-icer etc. To me it means :

- higher charge rate

- lower cold air ingress

- better aH / CCA battery

- inline stat if needed

Charge rate is 10p and 10 minutes. Screwfix cheepo 99p a length microbore solves cold air ingress. Battery is eventually an inexorable essential not cosmetic. Inline stat is £15 and 15 minutes if needed.