Beeping And Cd Player Flashing After Battery Change

dave62pb

Question

2005 GV 2.8crd,  after changing the battery again, now there is a beeping from the steering column and the CD changer lights are flashing like night rider , also now the warning sounder  for the lights left on is not working 

All was fine upto the battery change, any advice welcome 

Thanks Dave

2 answers to this question

The faint beeping was coming from the instrument cluster, Somehow there was a fault in the system caused by the flat battery and the instalment of new battery , 

I put the key in the drivers door and held it until the beeping stopped then went to the passenger side put the key in the lock and held it in the lock position for about a minuet 

I then unlocked the car with the remote opened the door got in and started it ,  the beeping had stopped , I turned on the lights and opened the door the faint beeping started again,

I turned off the lights - disconnected the battery for a short while then re-connected , the system reset itself,  now got all the right warning sounds and faint beeping has gone

All I have to do now is sort the dvd player as it is still flashng