Battery

3ddesign

Question

5 answers to this question

You need to find whats causing it
My guess is under charging and possibly a battery drain as well (had both issues on both my GV's)
It's all well documented, perhaps join www.chryslerforum.com as well. 

For my battery drain, it was due to there being a constant live feed to the radio (aftermarket stereo at some point, someone must have wired it in). I bodged that by fitting an isolator switch to cut the feed.

Charging issue explained in this thread. First post gives you the solution. 

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/interest-those-getting-flat-batteries-20297/

I've looked at doing this mod for a while now, but I have just invested in a redtop as my old low cca battery died yesterday and even my starter pack wouldn't get it going as it was so low (the car battery been discharged fully so many times I guess its finally given up). Does anyone now if the redtop should be charged at 14.4? Is it worth me doing the mod with a redtop?

TIA

Nath

Do the MOD, charging [my method was 22K Ω @ 1/2 watt it keeps it under the 4.6[ish]. I did get to the 14.4+ I was aiming for. This will better recover the winter loss more quickly. Of course in the summer the ALT output will be limited by the lower battery replenishment needsanswer here.

I get 13+ to 12+ summer and 14+ in the [short duration runs over 2 winters] winter. I have never reached 15 let alone 15.6V with the MOD.

Cheepo  9 stage charger in its 3rd year of use, does a cracking job including sloughing.

- best of luck