Hello Lancia, Goodbye Chrysler

TJB

Question

…. and so it begins.... Grille, rear badge and wheel centres all fitted. The little Lancia shields for the rear quarters are on their way from Italy. Just the interior stuff to source now.

And on Tuesday she goes in for a service, new belts and water pump. :)

qrQBHlg.jpg

trGrNqZ.jpg

As I was passing Loch Lomond, it seemed rude not to stop for a Kodak moment...

AMh4TyH.jpg

aQEJMDC.jpg

Edited by TJB

They're cracking cars to be honest. Both me and Neil (Nello) never intended keeping them so long, but the problem is what else could you get for the money?

The Alfa Romeo Giulietta is way more expensive and not as practical for rear legroom or boot space. You wouldn't buy the Fiat Bravo over the Delta even though they're the same underneath... I don't really like much that isn't Italian, so for me unless I went for an older Alfa most of which I've owned before, I'm stuck lol.

Nice one TJB - where did you get the wheel centres from and can you confirm the Part number?

I got them from an eBay seller in Poland. They were listed as an Ypsilon part but they fit and match perfectly. Unfortunately they were sent without FCA packaging so I don't have the part number, sorry.

Nice pics well done on the rebadging.

When I bought my delta the last service was from these guys

http://www.njsalfaromeo.co.uk/

They mentioned they had done a rebadge for another delta around 700 for full rebadge including software load up screen and steering wheel etc

Thanks. Unfortunately they're quite a way from me :) I sourced the Grille, badges and centre caps for about £200, and I'm not averse to a bit of diy. In fact, I'm currently doing a quick refurb on the diamond cut alloys; I just couldn't live with the wheel worm on the polished bits.

I may give them a call to see if they can source airbag and head rests though.

Currently trying to track don the driver's air bag. There are 4 for sale on eBay in Italy, all at pretty fair prices. Just none of them want to deliver to the UK. :(

Anyone who's done this got any suggestions? My lack of Italian isn't helping.

Currently trying to track don the driver's air bag. There are 4 for sale on eBay in Italy, all at pretty fair prices. Just none of them want to deliver to the UK. :(

Anyone who's done this got any suggestions? My lack of Italian isn't helping.

An ypsilon cover can be put on a delta bag of that helps (bag is different but cover identical, it's not difficult to swap covers). I would probably swap over the bag (or at least the bomb whatever it's called, gas generator?) even if you got a Delta one as at least you know your original is good. Be aware that I think I've read that some late bags have different connectors. Edited by Rossocorsa

Sounds about it Thanks - I'm actually surprised they fit - The SR Diamond cut wheels have a centre cap with a raised centre to accommodate the sticky-out hub which they appear to not have. Glad they fit though - I have been caught out by not getting the exact ones before.

Would these be the same size as the centres for the 18" wheels on the Limited? If so, I'd be interested in taking someones Chrysler branded ones if they still have them

I think they are the same size Spud yes but the SR centre caps have a definate raised centre to accommodate the hub so they don't all fit - You can see it here - 

51W2Fb%2BGuWL._SY355_.jpg

I bought some Ltd 'Black' edition centres a while ago and they would not fit.

Edited by Nello

I think they are the same size Spud yes but the SR centre caps have a definate raised centre to accommodate the hub so they don't all fit - You can see it here - 

51W2Fb%2BGuWL._SY355_.jpg

I bought some Ltd 'Black' edition centres a while ago and they would not fit.

Cheers Nello - has anyone on here converted a Ltd?