Going To Look At This On Wednesday, Any Advice?

TJB

Question

12 answers to this question

Check for any suspension knocks and bangs. These are prone to snapping a spring at this age. The multiair unit can have problems too, but Nello would be best to advise on that one as he's been through the replacement avenue. He would be best to advise on symptoms to look for.

Other than that they're pretty good. Obviously with it being a 6 year old car check the general wear and tear, cambelt,pulleys and water pump should have been changed by now too. So if that hasn't been done factor that into your negotiations.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll bear it all in mind.

I was aware of the Multi-Air issues, although they seem mostly to be related to poor maintenance and infrequent oil changes / wrong oil. If the dealer is telling the truth, this car has had oil changes every 5500 ish miles, so hopefully should be OK.

Actually there is an SR 1.6 Diesel on a private sale nearby, and another 1.6 diesel auto with full leather, nav and double glass roof not far away.

Ideally I wanted petrol, but I might give these a look as well.

Shame the auto's not a manual as that is well spec'd car! Especially with the double glass roof. B)

In fairness I'm not sure how the auto drives, but even on the new Alfa's with the 8 speed ZF auto gearbox I'm not convinced they're for me.

The MA issues are a bit random and not easy to predict - Mine could not have been serviced better but still went?! The early MA engines - of which the Delta is user of - had a known issues with oil/port seals which has been rectified on later modified Actuators. Unfortunately mine went and the oil starvation took the Turbo with it.............................

symptoms of MA problems

Mine well maintained, 8k servicing etc, MOT fine - needs some new tyres - but they will be on prior to funny stuff arriving. (3mm front / 4.5+ back)

water pump / belt done / filters / two new front springs etc etc

Tell me more plz?????

40Km coming up 

Love the car and wanted to make it my last (I'm 62 and will probably give up at 75.

Its a 12 pate 1,6 turbo disel

Penguin

symptoms of MA problems

Mine well maintained, 8k servicing etc, MOT fine - needs some new tyres - but they will be on prior to funny stuff arriving. (3mm front / 4.5+ back)

water pump / belt done / filters / two new front springs etc etc

Tell me more plz?????

40Km coming up 

Love the car and wanted to make it my last (I'm 62 and will probably give up at 75.

Its a 12 pate 1,6 turbo disel

Penguin

Multi Air is the petrol engine. If you're is diesel, it's not a problem for you