Hard Brake Pedal

Tiggerqqq

Question

3 answers to this question

I've just changed my front pads, and got the same.  My son tells me that the ABS has probably been upset - as I should have released the brake bleed valves rather than just push the pistons back in  :(

It seems as if the ABS has kicked in constantly, and car pulls to the right slightly on a really hard brake press.  After a few times, the ABS trips, the light comes on and the brakes then work fine - so definitely looks like an ABS problem - almost as if one of the solenoids has stuck.  Have tried core brake bleed, and the diagnostics brake bleed, but with no joy.  Anybody else had this problem and solved it??   

Just to update!

Tried the battery off - but no joy.

Bought a s/h abs unit and installed - still same problem - but did get the abs light on as soon as brakes applied - and this showed a faulty sensor.  Replaced that and bingo - all now as good as before! 

Tip with the sensor, test with an ohmmeter - as it should give a reading - if not then it needs replacing!