Oil Needs Changing Light

Rufty10

My Delta was serviced 6 weeks ago, but the 'oil needs changing' light has just come on.   It's done about 46k miles.  I checked the service tab on the screen and it said something like service overdue.

i checked the oil level, and if the little flat bit on the very end of the stick is the right area, the level is fine.

Could the light be on due to the software not being updated - or something else?    I am guessing there isn't an oil quality sensor - or is there??

Thanks in advance!!!

Simple one this - the service light needs resetting.

You can check this from the right hand stalk - and troll through the menus.

You will find that the mileage is probably in the -(number) mileage.

The computer plug is above your right foot in the drivers footwell, and you will need access to the Delta codes / to reset.

My garage now do it for free when I get my car serviced and MOT'd.

IT is a little disconcerting, when having serviced the car, and you are 70mph ing the car down the M4 to catch a flight from Gatwick, when this light comes on!

Providing the car has been serviced its OK - but me being OCD on lights and bulbs etc - I would get it reset fairly soon.

As far as the fill volume - if you do your dip stick on a flat road, the oil should reach about half way up the hatched portion of the engraved section on the dipstick.

Kind regards

Penguin

Not enjoying the heat - its melting my glacier.....

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Penguin. 

Sorry about your glacier.

I was also on the motorway heading to the airport at 4am when it came on.  I suspected it was a resetting issue.  I'll go back to them.

I did check the oil level when I got back to the airport - found a very long dipstick with about an inch of flat just about the bottom of it.  I assumed that was the region it needs to be but wanted to check.

Many thanks