Question About Navplus

MightyTharg

Question

Quick question; anybody know what the Navplus unit sold for?

The wife no longer has her Delta as she traded it for a Passat (she's always like Passats...) and I'd bought her a Navplus unit but we didn't fit it before she traded the Delta in.

So I've just found it in the loft but can't remember what I paid for it - have it in my head it was in excess of 500 euros but not sure and the website now appears to be defunct (or at least I can't find it).

Anybody remember the price?

Cheers 

22 answers to this question

Does it have all the wiring/loom with it?

It can't as it'll be part of the car unless he cuts it out. You wouldn't do that as you'd be stuffed for fitting anything else.

Whereas the scrappies should cut the loom out, then that way you could make a patch cable to plug into your existing loom, if that makes sense?

Anyone know where updated maps can be got?

to say the Irish maps are a bit vague would be understatement of the year  :D

Spud have you got the factory Sat Nav unit, or did you install a Navplus?

The Navplus didn't come with European Mapping, so you had to buy them on Micro SD, but tablet compatible, as most Sat Nav software on the Android Play store don't work, or require 3G phone connection through tethering.   

I'm not familiar with the which mapping software comes with the OEM unit, or whether it's Android or Windows CE based? Rosso on here might be able to help with that...

Mikey so would that have all the bits I would need for mine?

In theory yes, as I'm pretty sure the steering wheel controls, power/audio loom, Sat Nav + TV aerials plus USB cable was included. Just be aware you'll probably need an aerial booster as the App radio/tuner isn't very good at pulling signals in without a little in-line booster which is about £10. Plus the Navigation software only had Asia from memory, and because you can't find the head unit name in the Sat Nav software website you'll need to download a Nav App and potentially tether from your phone, or buy an off-line map on microSD.

Spud have you got the factory Sat Nav unit, or did you install a Navplus?

The Navplus didn't come with European Mapping, so you had to buy them on Micro SD, but tablet compatible, as most Sat Nav software on the Android Play store don't work, or require 3G phone connection through tethering.   

I'm not familiar with the which mapping software comes with the OEM unit, or whether it's Android or Windows CE based? Rosso on here might be able to help with that...

Its the factory unit Mikey - I know blue&me is windows based (at least it is in my old grande punto sporting) so the sat nav might be the same

Its the factory unit Mikey - I know blue&me is windows based (at least it is in my old grande punto sporting) so the sat nav might be the same

Yeah Blu&Me  stands for Bluetooth & (Windows) Media Player. If you go into system or App settings you should be able to see whether it's Android or WinCe based.

What is the Sat Nav software?

I soo want this but soo cannot be bothered to install it - good luck with the sale....

I'll fit it for you if you come and view a Fiat Coupe with me in Scun thorpe lol!

PS: I had to write the name of the town like that with a split in the middle as the forum didn't like the word and kept changing it to ladybits!!! :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:   

Edited by MikeyRules