Retro Daily?

MikeyRules

Question

As the topic states...Is there even such a thing??

I know this isn't strictly Delta related, but hey we ain't even Chrysler related and yet we're still here!!

Now gather round my Italian friends!

So I've had this little dream for a while, and it goes a little something like this:  Basically I'd like something preferably cheapish say under 5 grand, that's cool, retro and fun to drive as a daily. Needs to be relatively easy to maintain, ideally seat 4 passengers, (but if say half the budget I may get away with a two seater) ideally needs to hold it's value so that If I have to get shut I get my return back.

Can be anything Italian so Fiat, Alfa, Lancia, although the latter is highly unlikely to be in budget. Any ideas/thoughts/considerations?

I do also like anything leftfield too... No poo I hear you say, you own a Delta!! :lol:  So potentially something leftfield if not Italian...

The other issue to be aware of with 939 series cars (159/Brera/Spider) is rotting subframes.

The subframes weren't especially well treated/protected when fitted, and the engine tray holds water against it, so loads of cars are either having to have them replaced or repaired if not too bad.

I nearly bought a Brera last week for the Mrs as it was a bargain, however the MOT history listed subframe rust for the last 5 years, and rear suspension rust too. So potentially a couple of grand to get the car straight underneath. I questioned the seller and he completely glossed over it! Very foolish these days trying to hide things when there's so much info available.