Hello - And Of Course A Question!

es0npu

Hello fellow Chrysler keepers,

I have had a 1997 Voyager 2.0 since 2004, she has given me sterling service since, although for the last couple of years she has spent more time in the garage, or parked up than not.

I have replaced the engine, the clutch, radiator, and the steering rack which has proved to be the sticking point. If anyone has any experience or knowledge of hydraulics I would appreciate any insights.

After replacing the steering rack when we started the engine all the seals on the rack promptly popped, spraying hydraulic oil everywhere - we exchanged the rack and tried again, but the pipes attaching to the rack actuator at the bulkhead keep blowing - system over-pressurised maybe, or do we need to be more manly tightening up? it seems alright when done but first time I tried to manoeuvre it when parked they failed again. It's rather annoying having done all the work, to be stumped by a couple of bits of tubing! I would love to be able keep her going for a while yet if possible,

Any advice much appreciated,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Grandadsupervan,

My tame mechanic has done the actual spanner wielding, he's been doing it for some time so I imagine he has done it properly, I will double check tough, because that's the sort of thing I would do, if left to my own devices:-)

I still think we will have to check the pressure in the system at some point,

cheers

Neil