Diagnostics!

Nello

Question

Chaps - emergency - just creeped up the drive and the engine check light has come on. Revs increase to 2k and then car starts chugging so to speak.

I have AA cover but before they arrive can anyone tell me where the diagnostic socket is?

Behind the panel above your knee next to the drivers door. It's behind that little recessed pocket and is held in by one Philips head screw from memory at the top of the mouth.

Likewise! I immediately thought Multiair unit again but its not the same symptoms. Just checked and the new one has been on a year and done nearly 10k.

Got the port cheers.

Thinking possible injector or throttle sensor as after 10 seconds of normal running the issue starts - and does not respond to the throttle?

Edited by Nello

Likewise! I immediately thought Multiair unit again but its not the same symptoms. Just checked and the new one has been on a year and done nearly 10k.

Got the port cheers.

Thinking possible injector or throttle sensor as after 10 seconds of normal running the issue starts - and does not respond to the throttle?

Are you able to read the code stored or are you waiting for the AA to do it when they arrive?

OK AA man gone - all he could get was a P0101 which is Mass Air Flow sensor - though we couldn't find it on the MA? No where in line from the Air Filter to the Turbo?

Anyway off to my mates garage tomorrow on the truck..................... :(

Sorry fella, I was out when you replied...

It's funny you should say that! There was a thread ages ago with a Mito owner saying he couldn't find the MAF, and given they're usually a good 3 to 4 inches in length and inline with the intake pipe with a loom plugged in the side is a bit weird? Have you got access to EPER?

Yes thats what the parts list says and is showing on eper but not the exact location - mind you given the location of the Air Filter it doesn't surprise me!

Will see what my garage say.......... Thanks for the assistance Mikey

Italians hey... Why make something simple when you can over complicate it, and put things in stupid places! :lol:  I wouldn't mind but it's not like we're not used to it with all of the Italian cars we've owned over the years!! ;)  :P

Car left at my mates garage to be looked at when he can...........  I did mention to him about the MAF but apparently the MA unit does not have one like Mikes image above - its all within some kind of throttle pressure valve apparently?! 

Edited by Nello

Car sorted! Won't pickup until Saturday but apparently it was the 'Breather Unit' that required replacing whatever that is. Only thing that sounds familiar to me is the crankcase breather but will see Saturday. £60 = result!

Ah that is a result fella! Glad it's not ended in wallet rape lol