Rear Air Con Block Off

steviec2000

Question

Hi, I've a leaking air con system which discharges about a day after being re gassed. Is dripping fluid from near the rear tyre passenger side.

Looking on Google it seems a common and expensive problem. However I've seen there are rear air con block off kits which allow the front air con to be recharged and work.

Has anyone any experience of obtaining the kits and having them fitted here in the UK?

11 answers to this question

May be a bit late with this but I had the same problem ,one of the two air con pipes to the rear unit was leaking , water gets under the plastic coating of the pipe and it rots.i got a piece of pipe from e bay (19mm) and 2 splice lok fittings from direct supply and cut the old rotten pipe out and repaired it .it was a reasonably easy job to dopost-2665-0-04321100-1532680063_thumb.jpg

Never too late for a fix it tip @@Honda43! And welcome!

Especially for me personally just now! I have a Kia Sedona that quite possibly has the same problem my GV had, so this could be a money saver for me, I've already located the set of rear pipes on ebay, but if I can fix it this way I'll be vary please!

Do you have a picture of the "splice lok" fittings as I've not come across those? And any chance of a link to the part? I will do a seach now though!

Cheers!!

Hi big nev hope you managed the search ,I don’t know how to attach a link but if you search for “ direct supply uk “ and on their site search for “ splice lok “ it’ll take you straight to them I’ll try to post a picture of the finished job later . Cheers Frank.

post-2665-0-00565900-1532977580_thumb.jpegpost-2665-0-27432400-1532977600_thumb.jpeg

Hi big nev I’ve been trying to post on here but it says I have but I can’t see it ,don’t know if you can.

Any way I’ll try again,I’ve added two pictures of the splice lok fittings I put on 3 yrs ago and they still hold the gas , if you google direct supply uk and search for splice lok it takes you straight there they are not cheap but it’s cheaper than all the pipes and a damn site easier

I did find some from the States, only came in a set, but at the money it would be more sensible to buy the set of 4 pipes on the GV!! And the Kia ones are cheaper again, well at first they appear to be  ;)

But you're dead right - a ruddy site easier than replacing those on the GV!!!

However I am now about to research that particular company!

Cheers @@Honda43

Edited by bignev

I did find some from the States, only came in a set, but at the money it would be more sensible to buy the set of 4 pipes on the GV!! And the Kia ones are cheaper again, well at first they appear to be  ;)

But you're dead right - a ruddy site easier than replacing those on the GV!!!

However I am now about to research that particular company!

Cheers @@Honda43

£26.34 each in stock, plus a few quid for a piece of pipe must be the best way to go.

Sorry to be off tangent and even worse it's not even Chrysler, but my Sedona is (at the least) the condenser coil at the front, bubbling beautifully with some leak detection spray on it and won't hold any pressure for any time at all.

So sadly the wonderful kit found by Honda43 won't help me :-(