Need Help With Sat Nav Connectors...

Scooby

Question

Hi all,

I've finally managed to buy a sat nav CD player to install in my delta only to find the connections are completely different... I've been told I need to buy 'ISO to quadlock' connector and a 'ISO to fakra' connection for the aerial. I've found some items on eBay that might fit, however the aerial on the Sat nav has 3 male fakras, and the connectors on eBay only have one. Do any of you know if all of yours are in use on your sat navs? I've provided pics below to show what I mean. The ISO to Quadlock is also confusing me as the guy I spoke to said there's only one type but on eBay there's lots of different car makes for them! Will any of them fit do you think? Forgive me for sounding stupid I'm not at all car or electrical savvy so go easy on me!

All this hassle and I don't even know if the Sat nav unit will even work haha.

Anyway, any help, or even if you could send me pics of your connections on your sat navs, I would be very appreciative! I'm on my last nerve :(

Thanks

Scooby

post-1845-0-04325600-1523578953_thumb.jpg

post-1845-0-90899700-1523579178_thumb.jpg

post-1845-0-72878500-1523579195_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

MikeyRules is your man for that Scooby................

Thanks Nello, I've heard back from Halfords and connects2 and neither can help. What a nightmare this is, do you think if I source original IOS connectors from a breakers and get someone to cut the wires and rewire them to my car it would work? I can't think of anything else I can do now :(

Edited by Scooby

Sorry mate - not really my area in installing these - Mikey will know. The Delta OE system was a Navplus unit. I know Mikey sourced one for his car and got the appropriate connectors etc.

He will answer when he sees this. What is your unit and where did you get it from? 

No problem Nello, thanks for getting back to me anyways! I assume I've bought the navplus unit too. I bought it from chrysler breakers acd of Lancashire. I thought there was only one type of unit other than basic model CD player? How can I tell which one I have? Edited by Scooby

I think I saw that one on ebay! Was that the place that hacked the loom/connector off the back instead of removing it as complete with the unit? I emailed them to say that they had done that - perhaps they removed the chopped loom before you saw it. That'll be the Navplus unit I'm sure.....

There's some info that Mike added about them here -  http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk/topic/433-aftermarket-stereosat-nav/?hl=navplus&do=findComment&comment=1766

Edited by Nello

Hi Scooby, sorry I've not been on for a few days... Right the unit you've got from that shyster at ACD breakers had the loom hacked off as Nello said earlier which is why you're having a nightmare trying to get it connected. I didn't buy it for that very reason, plus the car was in a right state, and the fascia of the head-unit wasn't great as it had a fair few scratches on the front and he still wanted stupid money for it...

I went for a new Chinese unit made especially for the Delta called Navplus to keep it looking OEM, so being brand new came with the correct ISO loom for plug 'n' play for the power and sound, and the steering wheel loom converter too. It only came with 1 fakra to aerial connection converter, as the other two are for the TV and Nav aerial from memory. 

I'm not sure how you can fix your problem to be honest as you're missing the loom, and if you can get it, you'll probably have to solder it to the connects2 adapter loom and that's if you can work out the wiring diagram.

If it was me, I think I'd be tempted to get a Kenwood or Pioneer double din with Sat Nav as they work far better than factory or the cheap Chinese units.

Ahh no problem thanks for getting back to me! What a nightmare... Who would think it would be easier to connect an aftermarket stereo than a factory fit on the same model car :(.

Ill keep you all updated on how i get on anyways,

Cheers

I did email him to tell him as much Mikey when it was on ebay..........

Ha-ha I'm sure it would have fell on deaf ears lol. He pretty much told to F off when I said the door I'd gone to buy wasn't as described i.e Donald ducked. He said take or F'off... Where are you gonna get another! Think he wanted about £350 for it as well!

And as you know I got one brand new in primer from Italy for £130 all in including delivery!

Edited by MikeyRules