Front Coil Springs Please Help

Lollypop

Question

The part for 2 litre is Suplex 09207, seems pretty good close, possibly identical, to original. These will probably be too stiff for petrol versions or the 1.6. They seem to be standard 2.0 Bravo spec i.e. without sports suspension. That was my only worry that they'd be lower than the back but they are fine.

I am after two front coil spring for 2013 1.6 Chrysler Delta cheapest i can get exclusive labour £341. Also noticed on forum fiat bravo spring can fit what year of manufacturer ?Anybody able to help or recommend alternative? Any garage in West midlands? Cheers Edited by Will

Just adding a note on my experience with the springs.

When I bought my car, 2012 1.4 Multiair, in 2016 it had had the offside rear one replaced.  The nearside rear duly broke in 2017 and since I needed to get it back on the road quickly I purchased replacement from Chrysler but at the same time ordered a full set of the Eibach springs since I knew sooner or later based on the comments on this Forum that I'd have a problem with the fronts. They were being quoted as out of stock at Eibach at the time hence the decision to get one from the local Chrysler dealer.   The Eibach springs took several weeks to arrive but they did eventually (£124 for the four) and since then have been sitting in the garage but sure enough a couple of weeks ago the front nearside spring broke so this gave me the opportunity to replace all four with the Eibachs.  I've attached some photos to show before and after and I think it's clear there's a definite lowering. Unfortunately I wasn't organised enough to actually measure anything!  They are noticeably stiffer and I'll keep an eye on them to see if they lower any more as they settle in.

post-1407-0-68786500-1582724436_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-78513600-1582724443_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-00723800-1582724455_thumb.jpg

post-1407-0-70373500-1582724461_thumb.jpg

Yes I've seen those Andrew but cannot find anyone with a Delta who has had them fitted - look suspiciously cheap to me. I even asked on the Italian Delta FB page. I had Eibachs on my old Fiat Coupe and although more expensive were always the best compromise in ride and lowered quality.

Yes I've seen those Andrew but cannot find anyone with a Delta who has had them fitted - look suspiciously cheap to me. I even asked on the Italian Delta FB page. I had Eibachs on my old Fiat Coupe and although more expensive were always the best compromise in ride and lowered quality.

As far as I remember, Simoni supply FIAT for their aftermarket and accessories catalogue

Something is better than nothing :-)

They could be bought for 60 quid from this fella, who deals with end of line sell offs, I just bought the corresponding set for my wife's 1.4 multiair :-D

Edited by Andrewgrale

How are people getting on with tyre wear on lowered springs?

My Pirellis need replacing at 10k miles due to wear on the inner shoulder, rest of the tyre looks great. On H&R lowered springs but budgeting £200 a year on tyres is not good!

Check the camber, if it is within limits, then have the front tracking set up to the inner 'toe' limit

My wife's Delta had an ongoing problem with eating the outer edges of the front tyres, when I had the tracking done,I had it set to the outer toe limit, all is good now

How are people getting on with tyre wear on lowered springs?

My Pirellis need replacing at 10k miles due to wear on the inner shoulder, rest of the tyre looks great. On H&R lowered springs but budgeting £200 a year on tyres is not good!

Check the camber, if it is within limits, then have the front tracking set up to the inner 'toe' limit

My wife's Delta had an ongoing problem with eating the outer edges of the front tyres, when I had the tracking done,I had it set to the outer toe limit, all is good now

for reference, I have measured the ride height of my spring/wheel tyre combination from the wheel centre to the underside lip of the wing. With H&R springs, 18in wheels and a 2.0 lump the distance is 340mm at the front and 350mm  at the rear. The car IMHO rides too low, speed humps cannot be straddled, country lanes have to be tackled with care as the crown of the road can catch the under tray.

It would be useful if other combinations can be posted on here to help owners make an informed decision on what springs to buy.

Cheers