Front Coil Springs Please Help

Lollypop

Question

Very expensive if originals.

Mixed opinion regarding the fit of Bravo ones, can't guarantee.

Personally, I bought a set of 4 eibach sport springs, that eibach makes specially for the delta. The lower the car by 30 mm, supposedly giving a more sportive ride and less roll.

The set of 4 cost around £ 150.

I will try to provide links in next strings.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/eibach/1929942

This site provides a helpful chat service, get your vin number ready so that they can verify the set would fit the exact trim of your car. Should not vary to be honest between trims.

You get free shipping to UK within a week on orders above £150,so it's basically your best bid.

All 4 needs to be changed to get an even lowering.

My local garage had no problem fitting them.

Springs and suspension corrosion on Lancia and alphas has always been a nagging issue.

G

My turn for front spring failure! Just failed its MOT for both drop links and a fractured front offside spring!

The OEM springs seam a thin on the ground, and at £130+vat per corner (£324) and having to replace both on the same axle together I thought that was ridiculous! 

So I thought I'd go down the Eibach route Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Spring Kit / Suspension Springs - E10-49-002-02-22

but that's proving difficult too, as most suppliers show them available, when in reality they don't! Most seem to advertise them, and once you place an order, they then order them from Eibach who currently have none in stock!!!! 

Eibach say they may be available from the beginning of August!

I've ordered some off another supplier, but they won't answer my email to confirm they actually have any, so fingers crossed they turn up on Monday as the order is suggesting... What a pain in the ass!

If you want OEM, I would contact this guy: [email protected]

He's a salesman that sourced the gear knob for my automatic. They are based in Poland and decent prices. Can't say anything about delivery to UK though

Yeah probably not worth it to be honest.

4 x Eibach Pro's at £160 is always gonna be better than OEM. 30mm drop, and less nose diving under heavy braking, plus flatter through the twisties… What's not to like! Just hope they arrive on time!

Well what an Efin nightmare this is turning out to be!

So basically the next 3 suppliers also confirmed that they didn't actually carry them in stock either, and that they have the same problem with none available until August at the earliest!

So we've ordered a pair of Bravo springs this morning which arrived late afternoon! Wish me luck!! Nige is gonna take the good one off and compare before attempting to fit either! So I should know tomorrow afternoon whether we've been successful or needs to buy the OEM ones at £130 plus vat per corner!

Ok finally got the car back with a clean bill of health, service and MOT cert...

Here's the vital bit of info for future reference!

Right I ended up cancelling the order for the Eibach Pro's as no-one stocks them, and all come directly from the factory, of which there are none until the end of August!

So I can confirm that Fiat Bravo springs DO fit the Delta PERFECTLY!

I ended up giving my Tech a reg number from a 1.6 and 2.0 (just to be sure) Fiat Bravo from the Autotrader. He then placed an order for 2 front springs at £30 each which arrived the same day. First he measured the existing ride height, then he took the good spring off the car first, and measured them with the Bravo ones, even checking them with a micrometer. Everything matched. They are now on the car...thank **** for that!

Thanks everyone just bought the eibach springs. Now the exhaust has come off from print so frantically trying to find exhaust system. Not having much luck with this car.

Did you actually find any in stock though? Plenty of places were showing stock, but don't hold them, instead relying on Eibach in Germany to fulfill the order. Hence the end of August delivery dates...

I've got a broken spring, seems a popular club! Further complicated by mine being a 2.0 but I've ordered some bravo springs, fingers crossed! Will report back. All this expense and effort starting to feel a bit like I can't sell the car!

I've got a spare as I kept the (old) good one. Wonder if they're the same?

Have you actually advertised the car properly yet, or just on a few fb pages?

Not advertising until it's got new MOT tbh haven't really had time to get on with selling it plus I'm kind of upset to let it go it's too nice ! The 2 litre springs are slightly stiffer I think.

Well you can't sell it unless its advertised lol.

It sounds to me that you just need to let go of your feelings and get on with it, or sell that Abarth now you've had your mid-life crisis and keep the better car! :lol:  :P