Turbo Issue Or Not?

Badger75

Question

8 answers to this question

Car was smoking really badly with white smoke. Took to the garage and was advised turbo had gone. So, turbo replaced and intercooler cleaned. Car back, still smoking. Was told that the oil required burning off. So off from Stoke to Warrington, smoking most of the way and way back, worse when at a stand still. On way back, engine just cut out. Now starts and runs for about a minute and cuts out. Back ay garage. Any ideas on possible cause?

Oddly these engines aren't "Normal" when it comes to head gasket/block cracks/damage.

My previous GV about 5yrs ago had an issue, not loosing coolant, slight creaming in the oil filler but nothing bad and no real impact on performance.

Turned out I had a huge crack in the block beside the crankshaft! To be honest the car is probably still able to run now, how I'll never know!

So I'm not sure how you'd even know by any of the usual simple signs, but if you're not loosing coolant and still getting smoke it mustn't be using up the water.