55 replies to this topic

#21 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

Happened to me once I just used the emergency cord, hasn't happened since. Surprised you could get a fridge in but mine has the fat executive seats so perhaps the normal seats fold flatter?

#22 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

No there is quite a big step between the height of the boot floor and the seats.... Still quite a big load space though even so.

#23 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

Yeah they all have a big step because I believe they were designed to have a dual layer boot, shame they don't. My seat however sticks up at about 35 degrees even when folded

Edited by Rossocorsa, 13 April 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#24 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Indeed as they have a plastic support on either side of the boot wall. I was going to make one out of marine ply and cover it black cloth. I didn't bother as I've not bought a spare wheel so am using the space in the polystyrene to store all the bits you end up carrying around.

#25 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

Just to update re:the thread - my filler caps behaved perfectly now ever since I first posted so anyone else get this issue - wiggle your hinge!

#26 Rufty10

Rufty10

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

I have the same problem - it takes 5-6 tries of locking and unlocking the car to get it released.  One time, embarressingly it wouldn't open at all and I had to drive off. Been doing it for the 2 years I've had the car (1.9l Delta).

Is there an emergency release?

#27 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

Cable is in the boot pull off carpeted piece above the wheel arch and reach inside

#28 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

Rufty try the hinge technic. If not as Rosso says - the emergency release is in the boot. Its bright red so you can't miss it. Pull the release with your left hand and at the same time push in on the flap with your right. It will open. 

Edited by Nello, 29 September 2016 - 10:37 PM.

#29 Rufty10

Rufty10

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

I am pretty convinced it's related to the central locking.  if I lock and unlock the car often enough the cap opens easily.  It's either easy or impossible.

#30 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

Yes it does lock/unlock with the central locking however the hinge becomes 'disjointed' easily as its just a flexible plastic flap.

Move the hinge and it'll 'reseat' as such to get it working again.

#31 Josboogz

Josboogz

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:53 PM

I have 2 Delta in the family and one is sticky but we worked out the flap needs depressing with force to open. The other is normal and opens easily.

#32 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

Yeah mine was like yours and worked ok if pressed hard... However by wiggling the hinge (as Neil puts it) it now opens much more easily. You should give it a try!

#33 Ryanjb2014

Ryanjb2014

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

I have recently started to have this problem and it now refuses to open (even with force) when the car is unlocked. What I've found I have to do is just keep unlocking the car using the remote button on the key until the fuel cap also unlocks - usually takes two or three attempts until the cap also unlocks...it's annoying but for now I don't mind putting up with it.

#34 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

I have recently started to have this problem and it now refuses to open (even with force) when the car is unlocked. What I've found I have to do is just keep unlocking the car using the remote button on the key until the fuel cap also unlocks - usually takes two or three attempts until the cap also unlocks...it's annoying but for now I don't mind putting up with it.

Have you opened the flap and then given it a good wiggle up and down so that it re-seats the hinge? Also try some electrical contact cleaner in the lock side too...

#35 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Don't forget the emergency red boot release Ryan!

#36 ISITPAYDAYYET

ISITPAYDAYYET

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:45 AM

I found that locking and then unlocking, as the door unlocks, tap the filler cap as normal and you're in.

#37 pokerwork

pokerwork

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Another suggestion.... I had the same problem recently and greased the lock post to which the cap connects.  This seems to have fixed the problem - now runs in and out smoothly. 

Also have had a problem with the filler cap itself - the torque ratchet seems to have broken so it was just spinning instead of unscrewing. Required the dexterity of a safe breaker to get it off!  I bought a replacement from Bremmer on eBay and it fits well and doesn't have a ratchet so unlikely to have a similar problem in future.

#38 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

Just as an addendum to this - my filler flap has not played up since with regard to opening however I noticed yesterday that I can now open it regardless as whether the car is locked or not?

Am I going mad or is this normally not possible? It should lock with the door locks shouldn't it?

#39 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

Just as an addendum to this - my filler flap has not played up since with regard to opening however I noticed yesterday that I can now open it regardless as whether the car is locked or not?

Am I going mad or is this normally not possible? It should lock with the door locks shouldn't it?

Yes I can confirm you are definitely barking mad.... :P  :lol:

On another note and in answer to your question it should lock when you lock the car. I've just checked mine and it's locked, although annoyingly it does stick out a little and doesn't sit flush with the bodywork.

• Cassino likes this

#40 Cassino

Cassino

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

I followed this thread over the past year or so.....I was slightly puzzled as my filler cap has never been a problem......BUT,unlike you fellas , my Delta flap opens whether the central locking is open or shut.Just a clenched fist,and a lightish thump and it's open!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users