Continuity Of The Chrysler Grand Voyager In The Uk

nykamps

Question

I have heard for a while now that Fiat have discontinued the import and sales of the Chrysler Grand Voyager in the UK. I called Chrysler Oxford, spoke to Paul who told me that if you want to order one they are no longer available. Can anyone throw some light on the subject. Chrysler Oxford would not tell me anything as they claim that Fiat UK had not yet informed them of the future of this marvellous machine............

Any ideas or knowledge would be welcome.

23 answers to this question

Hi chaps. I got a phone call today from Chrysler as we were interested in a new Chrysler. The salesman also informed me they were discontinuing all right hand drive voyager models in the UK. Shame as we were in the market for a new one. Wonder what will happen to used values as we still have a 2005 model xs.

Hi chaps. I got a phone call today from Chrysler as we were interested in a new Chrysler. The salesman also informed me they were discontinuing all right hand drive voyager models in the UK. Shame as we were in the market for a new one. Wonder what will happen to used values as we still have a 2005 model xs.

There's no other vehicle like this that comes anywhere near to the spec and prestige of this handsome car. What will Alan Sugar and his apprentices do? Chrysler/Fiat we need an answer........ What's your intention, are you giving us a new one with a new engine to confirm to EU legislation. I say again WE NEED AN ANSWER!

I spoke to their so called customer relations department and was fobbed off with a "we haven't been told by management and I don't know". So, Fiat you are atrocious at keeping your loyal Chrysler customers informed. Fiat, do you ever take the trouble or make the effort to read these forums?

Edited by nykamps

Hi, I am about to buy a 1 yr onld Grand Voyager Limited and called Motor Village Croydon to make some enquires about the Mirrors (heated folded, etc) which the specs say that are not available for the Limited Version. Can anyone confirm that? Also, the guy says that Cryler does no longer makes the Grand Voyager? Any info on that? Is the company going bust? Are they changing the model? What is going on?

I've now mailed 3 different contacts within the FIAT Group, and no one will give me an answer.

I keep getting passed around, which is very strange, you'd think I could just get an answer.

Got one left, then I'm out of options!

@@hartv - No don't worry, they aren't going bust, that much I do know :)

I was at Halfords having a stereo fitted at the weekend (a nightmare, they couldn't get it to work so had to put old one back in) and the fitter told me that chrysler are pulling out the UK market but wasn't sure when. Suffice to say, parts will become very expensive going forward!! Wish I'd known that before I bought one two weeks ago....

this is horrible news...

My family loves the Grand Voyager and I was thinking of buying one in the UK where we live...  We always rent one for our road trips in America so this is how we got to know and love the car...

Anyway, long story short we are looking to buy one and here in the UK it seems there are 2 polar-opposite opinions on this car... so I thought i'd register on here and get the real story about owning this great american car in the UK...

now I find out it is not sold here anymore?

will this drive up prices of the 2 or 3 year old models or will they tank?

Hopefully the change form Fiat is because Chrysler are about to launch a new model? Maybe?

argh...   will we be able to get the non-converted-to-uk-roads version with the steering wheel on the american side?

Edited by Yankee2000

Unfortunate but they are no longer competeive when it comes to running costs....new Sharan alhambras and Galaxies 2.0 diesel manual = 38 to 58mpg, diesel Autos = 35 to 50mpg

Grand Voyager 2.8 Diesel auto 28 to 35 mpg.

Also the parts costs are prohibitive. Just ask the price of an Egr cooler = £900 plus Vat.

Hi L Plates, long story but here we go! Fiat bought out Chrysler for the sole reason to get a foothold in America, by owning Chrysler they can bypass regulations and sell their nasty little cars there last I heard Fiat 500's were selling for $30,000, a total waste of money when you can buy one of the new 330c's for near enough the same price! Fiat pulled Chrysler because their sales were at an all time low of 2,000 a year and they were trying to make Chrysler dealerships buy 1,000 cars per month as you can guess several went under.

As for prices, I have just bought a 59 with 83,000 for £10,995 its a 2.8 crd limited with all the bells and whistles, i've worked out how to start and stop it using the hdd is going to be fun. However, I digress, I believe the Grand Voyager in all its formats are being fazed out stateside with the introduction of the Pacifica, if can have a look at this one on the chrysler.com website. As for parts there are plenty of places to get parts especially for cars up to 2008 and one place I know of can probably source parts for the newer ones, i am not sure if i can give out their number on here. If its ok I will.

Edited by Darxtar