#41 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Ooh was only thinking about doing that the other day... They must be quite small badges then to fit the remotes!?

Were they an eBay special?

I've bought one of these as they're so Italian:

and after debating over several options some these for under the side repeaters:

#42 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

:P Thought you might be interested Mike! Yes - these : http://www.ebay.co.u...=item487a65eb7d     I offered him 8 Euro for two (about £6) and he sent them in about 4 days  :D  Perfect fit over the Key 'push'. 3D Domed effect and seem to stick very well. Look factory TBH. If they do move I'll just add superglue!

Is that an Italian Tax Disc holder? Not sure about the badges - I also bought that Delta logo script that was going cheap and have added to the dash to 'mirror' the script sewn in to the Limited's Leather dash. Will post a photo soon....

Edited by Nello, 21 February 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#43 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

Ha-ha you know me too well! :P I'm a sucker for getting rid of all known wrong branding! Talking of which I wonder if the window etching would polish out!? :lol:

Thanks for the link and much appreciated!

Yes it's an Italian document holder and parking clock... Yes I'm not sure about the badges either especially with 'Italia' inscribed across them. :unsure:  However I'll stick one on when they arrive and take a pic for the verdict.

Was the logo like a metal keyring 3d delta? I looked ages ago for the proper one and couldn't find anything so bought a key ring with a view to 'gluing' that to the dash but thought better of it when it arrived as the 'D' has a small loop to attach it to your keys.

#44 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

Where did you get the lancia buttons for the remote?

#45 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

P.S. The part number for the Limited version of the console is: 735529197

#46 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Pre 2011 model deltas all had the script on the dash

#47 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

I tried my eper which is quite up to date but for some reason whilst it recognises the crappler chassis number and knows it has chrysler trim it doesn't seem to flag up any chrysler specific parts, I think the reason why the surround is different depth is the lack of blue and me facility it looks to me as if those with usb and aux allow a bit more space underneath for the socket block. I'm not sure but I think all 2014 model years have black trim along with momo design and executive/limited

Edited by Rossocorsa, 22 February 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#48 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for looking Rosso much appreciated fella!

Yes you're absolutely right about the depth change in the trims... although both are actually the same overall when placed together. The deeper gloss part actually looks much better and creates a bit of reflection which is nice. There aren't any clearance issues with the back of the Blue & Me socket to be honest and this end of the console actually fits perfectly.

The part that doesn't fit is the other end nearest the handbrake. Here is where the consoles are handed as well as the top part under the aircon unit... I think I'm just gonna have to paint my existing TBH, as I'm not prepared to pay anything like £160 for a bit of cheap plastic trim.

#49 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

Rosso - see the ebay link I posted above to Mikey - perfect fit and yes they are the current Lancia badge design so ideal. They've been on for the weekend now - a little movement if you try to lift the edges so I may add some superglue but look spot on!

#50 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for looking Rosso much appreciated fella!

Yes you're absolutely right about the depth change in the trims... although both are actually the same overall when placed together. The deeper gloss part actually looks much better and creates a bit of reflection which is nice. There aren't any clearance issues with the back of the Blue & Me socket to be honest and this end of the console actually fits perfectly.

The part that doesn't fit is the other end nearest the handbrake. Here is where the consoles are handed as well as the top part under the aircon unit... I think I'm just gonna have to paint my existing TBH, as I'm not prepared to pay anything like £160 for a bit of cheap plastic trim.

I suspect you get the leather gaiter as well but is still hardly vfm. The prices are a bit bonkers as it's obvious fiat get the parts for a lot less and just make up a price as a spare part but then again all manufacturers are the same

#51 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

Popped in to my local Sainsburys yesterday - came back to the car and there was a LHD Belgian registered LANCIA Ypsilon parked next to me! Pity I did not have my camera and my phone is too naff to have one! I actually saw the wheels first with Lancia centres and thought there was a fellow Lancisti converting his Chrysler!

Edited by Nello, 14 March 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#52 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Lol you weren't joking when you said you're a technophobe! I'll have to bring you into this century kicking and screaming! :lol:

I suspect us 'Italian' car lovers all park the same? I.E. Either well away from everyone else or in a space that doesn't allow for door prangs! It is funny though how Italian cars do gravitate to one another in car-parks!

#53 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Nello You need a nice shiny new android, cameras on them are really good these days and there are lots of car related apps available too.

Edited by Rossocorsa, 14 March 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#54 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

Yes I know the phones somewhat embarassing - problem is I already have to pay for the wifes and the eldest sons! 

His ipad camera has a resolution way better than my old Digi camera. 

I picked up a single door ding on the passenger side thanks to some idiot - Been quoted about £70+vat to remove but I may try to take the door panel off and see if I can apply pressure from within to remove.............

#55 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

Most good android phones are at least 13 mega pixels these days.

#56 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:09 PM

I've just bought a new Motorola Moto G second gen with 5'' screen and android 5 lollipop for little over £100 and have to say Google ownership of Motorola has made it the bargain of the decade!

I've always had HTC but couldn't justify the cost of the new HTC One M9, but so far I'm not disappointed!

#57 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

OK Mike/Alan - finally got around to sourcing an Airbag so could do with a full 'how-to' please before I blow myself up! :)

#58 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

OK Mike/Alan - finally got around to sourcing an Airbag so could do with a full 'how-to' please before I blow myself up! :)

I'm sure there's a guide somewhere already done? On one of our threads perhaps??

Anyway in short open car door, open bonnet, wait for all displays to go off and then disconnect the battery. Leave for 15 mins for any power to drain from the system and the insert a flat blade screwdriver into the two rear holes at the back of the steering wheel/airbag. You need to feel for a metal clip and then push firmly until the clip lets go of that side of the airbag which will come free. Repeat for the other side and then the airbag will be free to be gently pulled towards you.

Un-clip the loom from the airbag connectors and then plug in the new airbag. You should now be able to line up the new airbag against the clips and push home...

Re-connect the battery and bobs your aunt fanny! :P

#59 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:44 PM

Nice one Mike - any issues with Dash-Airbag lights / warnings etc?

#60 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

No nothing at all. My odometer flashes constantly but that's the Android head unit causing that, and I need to do a proxy alignment when I'm next at a dealer....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users