Delta Lancia Badging

Nello

Question

I bought my Delta as a Fiat group enthusiast and have bought a replacement Lancia front Grill along with rear badge. The alloy centres and other badging will follow!

Replaced the rear easily enough - heat up the badge with a hair dryer then slide some string along to break up the adhesive. Roll off the excess with you thumb then remove anything left with sticky stuff remover. I just need to work out how to remove the front grill. There are 6 T30 Torx Star head screws along the top edge.

I think there is a fixing inside each front wheel arch to remove then a series of screws underneath the front edge under the car and the whole bumper should hopefully come off. Will confirm once I've done mine! The Grill itself is then held on to the bumper panel by 10 clips on the grill back that push on.

Edited by Nello

Lol you weren't joking when you said you're a technophobe! I'll have to bring you into this century kicking and screaming! :lol:

I suspect us 'Italian' car lovers all park the same? I.E. Either well away from everyone else or in a space that doesn't allow for door prangs! It is funny though how Italian cars do gravitate to one another in car-parks!

Yes I know the phones somewhat embarassing - problem is I already have to pay for the wifes and the eldest sons! 

His ipad camera has a resolution way better than my old Digi camera. 

I picked up a single door ding on the passenger side thanks to some idiot - Been quoted about £70+vat to remove but I may try to take the door panel off and see if I can apply pressure from within to remove.............

I've just bought a new Motorola Moto G second gen with 5'' screen and android 5 lollipop for little over £100 and have to say Google ownership of Motorola has made it the bargain of the decade!

I've always had HTC but couldn't justify the cost of the new HTC One M9, but so far I'm not disappointed!

OK Mike/Alan - finally got around to sourcing an Airbag so could do with a full 'how-to' please before I blow myself up! :)

I'm sure there's a guide somewhere already done? On one of our threads perhaps??

Anyway in short open car door, open bonnet, wait for all displays to go off and then disconnect the battery. Leave for 15 mins for any power to drain from the system and the insert a flat blade screwdriver into the two rear holes at the back of the steering wheel/airbag. You need to feel for a metal clip and then push firmly until the clip lets go of that side of the airbag which will come free. Repeat for the other side and then the airbag will be free to be gently pulled towards you.

Un-clip the loom from the airbag connectors and then plug in the new airbag. You should now be able to line up the new airbag against the clips and push home...

Re-connect the battery and bobs your aunt fanny! :P

What the chuff is a proxy align?

Ha-ha it's like a reset or realignment of everything connected to the Canbus system.

In the Vauxhall world they call it marrying and divorcing of components. For example the original radio was married to the system, and you are supposed to divorce the old unit and re-marry the replacement so that it doesn't throw up any faults.

Ah yes thanks Mike. I'm currently at the point where I do not want to try and disconnect the Stop/Start sensor on the battery to try to recharge it (S/S not currently functioning) due to the amount of dash errors / warnings / resets needed every time you disconnect! Thanks Canbus.

Mikey - Might be me but I can't see any holes on the back of the Wheel/Airbag to release the thing?

Ah yes... They are covered by the thin layer of fake leatherette material. If you feel with your fingers you an feel the indentation where the hole is on either side. You need to pierce this with a bradawl or flat blade screwdriver to access.

Perfect thanks mate - I've just watched a couple of YouTube Vids from 500 drivers removing wheels and they seem to be Fiat-generic in the way they are applied. Can see those dimples so will have a go - though still nervous about errors on dash etc. I have a thing about dash warnings / lights that won't go out. 

I went to recharge my battery a while ago and had to reset a load of things - window auto / close feature etc etc. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Nello

:P ..... Did I mention I've found some LED's with adapters to avoid Canbus errors for the Delta's rear plate? Just awaiting contact from the seller in bella Italia?........................... Bugs me a little that we've way cool LED lights yet yellow'ed plate illumination. 

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/g0cAAOSwNSxVP8Yp/$_1.JPG

Edited by Nello

No mate - saw your other post which reminded me of the plate lights. Not ordered them yet but not too pricey so will next week. Camera sounds cool but as I've no SatNav.............. Can't justify the price at the moment......      Still keeping a close eye on the rear light units. Cheapest around £120 new from Italy. They flicker on occasionally but most of the time the bottom 3 and the middle 3-4 flicker or are off. I'm going to try heating or even considering trying to break open the unit - can't be that much of an issue. There was a guy on the Delta FB page posted a piccy where he had Dremelled the back off his so we'll see but does seem to be another weak point. It is driving me mad though as bulbs out are another thing I get mad about...................I thought LED's were supposed to be more reliable! As I've mentioned before though the rear light units are ridiculously simple to remove so I think probably susceptible to damp etc.

Edited by Nello

OK does anyone with the 18" Limited wheels need some Lancia centres? I took a punt on a set of centres for these wheels as they were a good price.

Only issue was they were from a Delta 'Hard Black' edition so are painted gloss black.

They are brand new and I checked eper to see if they would fit and presumed no issues as the wheel hubs appear to be generic across the range.

My car has the 17" wheels and size wise they are the same however what I did not take in to account was the Lancia centres have the badge 'embedded' in to the centres. This means they are sunken a little a shield shaped depression in to the centre. The 18" Limited wheels allow for this as they are more bowed however the central nut an spline does not leave enough room on the 17" wheel so they stand proud of the wheel and do not fit. Unfortunately I did not take this in to account before spraying one of them graphite! I will happily spray the set to complete or they can be passed on as is - I'll send on the car of spray I bought - PlastiKote Aero Pewter is a very similar match.

These things are about £25-£30 each from FCA - I'll pass on the lot for £50 - set of four - sprayed if required and include the paint.....................

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/2016-04-16%2019.14.44_zpshu66qvg8.jpg

Just wanted to thank Nello for his instructions on how to replace the front grill and yes, I know this post is getting quite old now.

We've got two Delta's - a Volcanic Black Momo 'S' model and my white SR, both 1.6TD. I found a grill on eBay Italy but the guy wouldn't ship it to the UK for some reason. (He also ignored the messages that I sent him), so I got it shipped to a friend in Germany who kindly shipped it to us.

Yesterday we took the front bumper off the S and replaced it with the Lancia grill, then moved the Momo grill to my SR. The grill wasn't cheap, it was 199 Euro. Also the back Lancia badge was another 22 Euro.

The right hand side, underneath the car is a total pain in the arse because its got plastic screws which hold a cover in place. The rest of it was fairly simple. The first bumper took about an hour and a half as we were learning on the job, where as we did my SR in about half that time. I'm not convinced yet by the black grill on my SR, but it does look good on the S. Here's some pics of before and after.

Delta Momo 'S' with Chrysler Grill

Delta Momo 'S' with Lancia Grill

Delta Momo 'S' with Lancia Badge

Delta SR with Stock Chrysler Grill

Delta SR with Chrysler Momo Grill