Hand Brake Cable

3ddesign

Question

12 answers to this question

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

The long wheel base is grand voyager and the short wheel base is voyager which is about 30cm shorter.

Mine is long base (if I'm right) and is not stow'n'go.

So I guess if you have a grand voyager the longer cable will do.

Or buy both and when you removed yours from the car match the one you need and return the other one

Hope it helps.

Courtesy of Clint221, "04721246AC is the genuine Chrysler part number, it was about £70 from a main dealer."

That's the one I bought for my 2006 stow n go and it was the correct one. 

Mines was around £74, bought from the local Jeep parts department, that used to deal with Chryslers. 

Here's Clints original thread, he stated it's 700mm longer, so should be the 262cm one.

http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk/topic/1665-front-handbrake-cable-problem/

Edited by soupstone

Hi Folks,

New to the forum but a long time Chrysler owner
Having a few issues with the right part re front parking brake cable as per below and would be grateful for your help / advice.
For context please note the following;

• Chrysler GV 2.8CRD, RHD 2005, stow n go.
  • As such vehicle has front and two rear cables (ie no intermediate cable)
  • After some research (including this thread), part number for front cable is 04721246AC
  • This has also been confirmed by dealer after taking the VIN number and reg and checking against their database.
  • Rear two part numbers are 0472311AF and 0472312AF
  • The issue is that the actual / original front cable measures 262cm (as per above) but the new replacement part received is 192cm or thereabouts.
  • Was just over 70 quid from main dealer (albeit not directly for Chrysler now)
  • Unless the part received has been wrongly tagged (strange really, but may be just sod’s law!), the part …1246AC is not a correct fit for my vehicle.
  • The original cable has the green ends with the tabs for a push fit into the brackets in the cabin and underside (same as the non-wheel end of the rear cables) - however the received part has metal ones.
  • All being said the black sheathed part of the cable is no way going to stretch from the lower bracket to the upper bracket, so is definitely the wrong part.
  • Have searched part numbers galore so am hoping a mistake on the tagger!

Any ideas folks – many thanks

Many thanks indeed. That's great. Have returned the cable and they are trying to source one but suspect will have little success with them. Also ebay seller is trying to source.
Any other good parts places suggestions as the ...1246AC searched in google give little joy.

Thanks

I got mines from a dealer that used to sell Chryslers. I'm sure it still sells Jeep or Dodge. 
Might just have been lucky that they still had one in stock, but I'd call round ones locally. 
There was one ebay seller that could get me one, but they were around £120 odd. One of the ones that have jeepchrysler in their username.