2004 Chrysler Grand Voyager Startech General Issues?

Ollie80

Question

Hi All,

I purchased my Voyager just before xmas, great car!  Ive had a problem with the battery but since then garage has sorted it.  The car is great as you all know.  

Is there anything a should be keeping an eye on, the car is 14 years old with 100,000 miles on it now.  General stuff that I should be checking?   

The central locking has decided to stop working completely yesterday, but I have not looked into that properly yet.  Just a side note it does not work even using the drivers door switch.  Maybe a simple fix?  

Thanks!

Ollie 

5 answers to this question

Hi, welcome to the club.

The only problem I had due to its age was the rear left brake pipe corroded and eventually snapped.

Also most of the grand voyager owners seem to have problems with the passenger side mirror...I am still looking for a fix.

Other than that, if is not broken don't fix it   ;)

What type of the remote do you have, is it with two buttons or the 4/5 buttons?

if is the one with 4/5 do any of the buttons work?

on top above the mirror you should have a display,going into menu you get to where it asks you if you want to lock the doors when driving, press yes and see if they lock ( you only have to drive few meters), also you should have a locking switch on the passenger door, try that too.

Hope it helps.

Hi there, welcome to the club fantastic cars when they're not acting up!

My previous gv had the same problem with the door locks, quick 'fix' pop the bonnet, go to the fuse box and take the Iod fuse out for a few seconds. Back in and they'll start working.

I think it's caused by a sticky lock actuator, so if you feel like it, take door cards off and clean them up, lube them up and it might sort it.

(mine was because the rear doors had their popup locks removed as it was used as a taxi, and I suspect this was causing jamming problems)

Thanks for the replies chaps.  Yes great cars, think my one had been on the forecourt for a good few months, still warming up me thinks.

I have the 4/5 remote, two of them.  All the other functions work fine ie tailgate / side doors.  The other keyfob does not operate locks either, so I have ruled out keyfob battery issue.  I have tried the switches on both driver and passenger door, still not working.  I will check if they lock tomorrow. I have that setting set to yes.

I will check the fuse, thanks for the tip!  Btw what does lod mean?   

Cheers guys.