Drivers Door Not Opening

Buck

Question

Hi all, hope you can help m. I have a 2010 grand voyager CRD limited stow and go. My key fob will open all the doors except the drivers door( uk model). The unlock button goes up and down but the door will not open from inside or out. Car is used most days and usually covers over 100 miles daily! So I don't think it's battery. Have tried restating rake settings but to no avail. I'm getting to fat to climb through windows at my age!!! Can anyone help?

6 answers to this question

had the very same on mine and passenger side also

only had the car for 6 weeks

checked with chrysler and mine had been done 3 years ago so didnt whant to know

garage i got it from suggested disconect battery for 20 mins and it should reset

i did this and hey presto all ok but still taking it back to get it resolved as dont wish to

drive around with a 10mm spanner in the car

well this is the latest news ref the above car been in work shop for 1 day mechanic tested and found no faults and nothing on diagnostic's

so looks like I best have a 10mm spanner in the car in case this happens again , they suggested a glitch , but I don't buy that as this has been a recall

and been alleged done 3 years ago

but they did fix the rattle I had it turned out to be the spare wheel cover

Bit of a bugger that hey, and bloody inconvenient possibly depending on if / when it decided to cock up again, or unsafe.

But quite typical of lots of places, plug it computer says no, oh it's ok then!!!!!!

The loss of real skill dismays me.

In the workshop car park for most of the day then 5 minutes on the ramps.

Yep I do have a downer on "workshops" rather than good old garages, including / especially main dealers. My neighbour has worked for a Ford main dealer for 20 odd years and even he is guilty of it.

tonight mine again not opening but did notice the side doors not opining on the handle or the button inside as they used to then the problem ingressed to the damn front door not opning but I can get in the passenger front door using the key

not a happy camper at the mo