2009 2.8 Crd Cam Belt Info Needed Please

Detroit69

Question

Hi, I am looking to replace my 2006 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 V6 auto, with a 2009 Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8 CRD. AS my old Voyager does not have a cam belt, but the new diesel one does, I need to know when do you change the cam belt, cam belt kit and water pump, At what millage or years.?? Also is it the same diesel engine in the 5th Gen as in the 4th Gen. ??

Thank you

Jason

1 answer to this question

@@Detroit69 did you done it in the end?

Crysler workshop manual states 125k miles, no years but i somehow be very reluctant not to check it at least... I am doing mine soon... 

No is not the same engine like mk4 or at least is a progression of previous. Cam-belt wise you only have one cam sprocket that drives both inlet and outlet through a gear .... here is a link to the VM motori kit and the coolant.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s658/SpAwNtoHell/service%20interval_zpslylh6kxt.jpg

If you need the steps also to achieve the change i can pass the info if needed, You will need also the locking tools.