3 Years Today!

MikeyRules

Question

15 answers to this question

Well that's gone fast! I've officially owned the Delta for 3 years today... Possibly the longest time I've owned a single car for too!

So that has to say something for it... :lol:

They're a fabulous car, fast, quiet and most all, stylish!

I embarrassed a lad the other evening, he was in a raspy snorty Subaru and every time hi looked in his mirror, there was a white Delta, I eventually finished up, flashing him for road and I just walked past and away hehehe

Yeah they are a great car, you're right. I guess initially I was going to sell it on after a year or so, but tbh it suits our current needs quite well. It's more spacious in the back than most if not all Alfa's, cheap to tax and run, pulls well and on the whole has not been too bad for repairs and maintenance. I wish I'd got a 2.0l limited or S model, but the 1.6 has done well for what it is.

I'd really like a Sportwagon again, but the 156's are getting long in the tooth and aren't any more practical than the Delta, and the 159's are fetching really strong money if they're a decent spec like a Ti, and again not massively more practical either with a big lip to the loading bay... I did look at the dame Edna last edition of the Saab 9-5 wagon, but they've gone the same way with prices rising if vector sport or above.  So each year after the MOT and any maintenance on the Delta I've just kept it on. I'd really like the wife to have it, but she won't drive any other than Alfa's...She totally addicted to them which is definitely my fault...

Third Mot for my Delta.

A well built car. Stylish and unique.

Maintenance is fairly manageable thanks to the support of the forum.

I am thinking of giving it a nice polish/detailing as an anniversary present but after the winter.

Yeah mine needs some cosmetic tlc when the weather improves... I managed a quick D/A polish about a month ago to get some light scratches out of both sides where I'd gone down a countryside track that was touching the car on both sides at times! I could hear the brambles scraping the sides lol!!

With my car being white I do try to keep on top of cleaning related jobs. With time being of the essence though I reccomend using Autoglyms Rapid Aqua Wax for a quick clean. Wash as usual then spray a panel at a time with this stuff - cleans and polishes super quick and with it being designed for use on a wet car you can get a great shine extra quick without having to dry completely before polishing. I do like AG products - they have just re-formulated their bumper gel which keeps all your black plastic black. 

four and a half years plus for me, it's been a generally dependable car although I never found it very good for the image as most folk seemed to initially see it as weird in a bad way and now as time has gone on and other cars become, sort of, more similar it blends in and seems bland(?). It's like a pair of old slippers, comfy slightly worn around the edges, and almost worthless in the open market but I can't imagine how I'd replace it. Could do with something more exciting to drive sometimes though, I really must get that Volumex finished!  

four and a half years plus for me, it's been a generally dependable car although I never found it very good for the image as most folk seemed to initially see it as weird in a bad way and now as time has gone on and other cars become, sort of, more similar it blends in and seems bland(?). It's like a pair of old slippers, comfy slightly worn around the edges, and almost worthless in the open market but I can't imagine how I'd replace it. Could do with something more exciting to drive sometimes though, I really must get that Volumex finished!

Eccentric, I think is the word you're looking for :-D

Yeah I have a similar love affair with it... I've got a scratch to itch, but not sure I can be bothered some days as it ticks so many boxes, and others I cry for something laugh out loud fast and fun...

Its fine for my daily ............ my Esprit is still waiting for me :P ............. ( or to be frank - my bank balance)

I ran my integrale as my daily driver over 3 month periods, several times over the last few years and apart from the points on my licence fear and the 130 euros a week fuel consumption, I had a smile on my face, every time I arrived somewhere :-D