Daylight Running Light Problem

Andrewgrale

Question

Hi all, I was driving my wife's Delta over the last few days and the left-hand front DRL has developed a fault.

It stops working after about 10 minutes, bringing on the orange alert light and the "ceck left-hand front sidelight" In true Italian style, when the car is switched off and back on, it works again for the 10 minutes!

I had a quick look at the various connections and can't see anything awry.

Has anyone come across this problem before??

Just to revisit this

I finally got around to changing the DRL, due to a looming NCT (MOT) test where they will fail if a warning light is on and should be off or is off and should be on, bumper off, all 16 bolts and 8 self tappers, didn't catch the bumper as it fell off and busted the connections off the 2xH11 bulbs in the fog/corner lights, which I then had to get! Anyway, fitted the new lamp, which didn't work ?

So then had to remove the glovebox to gain access to the fusebox, which doesn't contain the fuses for the DRLs, then had to RTFM!

The fuses for the DRL are separate to the fusebox and are behind the cover at the drivers right knee, next to the OBD connector, at 1st glance the fuses were OK, but on swapping, the left (new) light worked and the right (original) stopped working, took out both fuses and tested them, 1 was blown, not in the usual centre, but next to the blade! Fitted a pair of fuses and both are working now! 3 fecking hours of graft and can only imagine what the bill would be if it went to the main stealer.

So if anyone has the same problem, my advice is to start with the fuses and work your way to the light units

Edited by Andrewgrale

Ouch I can feel your pain Andrew!!   :D

Well that's a good lesson we've learnt at your (time) expense lol, and at least you got to the bottom of the problem... They don't make things easy for us do they! Bloody Italians!! :lol:  

It's like things like the gear leaver silver or piano black surround that the leather gear leaver gator attaches into. Would you believe that there is a left and right hand drive version as the centre console is 'handed'!? I mean why would you bother??? Surely production costs would be less if they weren't! Doh!

Ouch I can feel your pain Andrew!! :D

Well that's a good lesson we've learnt at your (time) expense lol, and at least you got to the bottom of the problem... They don't make things easy for us do they! Bloody Italians!! :lol:

It's like things like the gear leaver silver or piano black surround that the leather gear leaver gator attaches into. Would you believe that there is a left and right hand drive version as the centre console is 'handed'!? I mean why would you bother??? Surely production costs would be less if they weren't! Doh!

Being honest Mikey, it wasn't such a pain, as it was mostly labour work and just a little bit of brain work to sort it properly

Am just glad that I could do it myself! As I'm sure that a garages labour cost would have made my wallet cry