Delta Options And Add-On's.....

Nello

Question

What optional extras has anyone added or fitted to their Delta's?

I've watched a couple of ebay auctions for the Delta Illuminated Sills but cannot justify spending near £100 on what is effectively two lights!

Anyone else got them and can post a photo?

Finally got around to wiring in my illuminated Sills. I'll post a photo at night at the weekend but IMO they look terrific!

As mentioned previously they are a bit of a pain to fit but look great at night now. Utilises the power off the Courtesy light feed in the centre of the roof - as such they dim in and out like the light does. Defo worth sourcing a bargain priced dealer clearout kit off ebay if you ask me..........

Edited by Nello

Lol you and you're illuminated sills! :lol:

As they say... life's better with pictures so we'll hold judgement until we see them :D

I saw on eBay a set of Lancia Delta puddle lights that project the Lancia logo onto the pavement when you open the door! :lol: Was tempted... well for about one second!

I'm really desperate to find the normal sills with Lancia on... Searches still aren't throwing up any positive results... I bloody hate that Chrysler badge staring at me like an ugly spot when I open the door!!

Any reply from your sticker man Neil?

Oh nearly forgot to mention: Does anybody else's temp displays differ? My climate control unit is usually half a degree different from the one in the binnacle!?

Edited by MikeyRules

£42 including shipping also got boot luggage net for a fiver and the stainless boot edge protectors for a ,perhaps expensive, twenty quid. These are shall we say a huge reduction on list price which was always plain nuts!

Yeah I saw the luggage net, but wasn't sure I'd use it tbh... Boot edge protector? What does that look like?

Yeah I saw the luggage net, but wasn't sure I'd use it tbh... Boot edge protector? What does that look like?

I will probably never use the boot net but for a fiver .... Just in case! The protectors fit over the edge of the boot rim either side of the latch does that make sense? The ridged section of the plastic trim

Good work Gents - I had my eye on those as well but as you say not sure I would ever use things like the net - My boot looks like a sale in Sports Direct currently..........................

The sills look terrific Rosso when done. I used a drill and coping saw to cut the holes out. Theres also not much room in the loom for the electrical connectors be be joined in the roof - the connectors themselves don't 'bite' much in to the wiring so I ended up splicing open the wire plastic to assist getting a connection. 

And my temp gauges are exactly the same Mike - Dash is usually always 0.5 of a degree higher than the temp on the A/C panel. Not sure why they needed two - I would have preferred a centrally viewable clock.

Edited by Nello

The temp display difference is surely just because the main instruments and sat nav only show whole numbers whereas the climate display has half degree steps so you could have 12.5 on the climate and 13 on the others but this can just as likely be 13 on all, that's how it works on mine anyway.

My unnecessary accessories arrived today, the boot net seems a lot better designed than I expected so will see when I've fitted it, the boot edge protectors are as expected simply two pieces of pressed stainless steel, the illuminated sill trims do actually look really nice but look a pain to fit time will tell!

The list prices of these accessories is nuts! Including vat the net is £62.66, boot protectors £102.85 and the illuminated sill trims £298.28 no wonder no one ever bought them......even at the £67 all in I paid they don't seem cheap!

I would have had a go at the sills this week but rain stopped play! I did fit the boot protectors and net, unfortunately one of the protectors didn't fit/stick too well might need to refit it. Whilst realising that there is a tooling cost I can't work out why the list price of these accessories was so high even the illuminated sill  covers aren't complicated