Offside D1S Headlamp Not Working....help!

dkwboy

I own a classic car business and run a 2006 300CRD Touring UK spec. Recently, a hay bale fell off a lorry and impacted the offside (rhs) headlamp cover, cracking the plastic cover and causing both sidelight and High Discharge headlamp to fail. I bought a new bulb and then discovered the 20amp fuse for this had also blown. I replaced headlamp bulb AND fuse, yet still the offside headlamp is inoperative. I have swapped relays around to check they are OK, and all is well with them. So.......any ideas what I should look for next? Is there a step up transformer with an in-line fuse, for example? Or something stupid I haven't checked? Cant believe that a modern car can take so much time to sort! Thanks in advance....

Hi, if by saying high discharge headlamp you mean xenon lights, the ballast could be faulty.

Find where they are fitted and swap the one from the other side to check if the circuit is ok.

Another solution could be that the ecu, to protect itself, turned off the circuit to that lamp, try disconnecting the battery, leave it to reset a while and connect it again...first find if you have a radio code and if by removing the battery will erase it.

Hope it helps.