New To Me 2005 Chrysler Voyager 2.8Crd. Maintenance?

peterdemski

Question

I purchased this vehicle at auction about a year ago and other than a battery and CV Boot it has continued along very well for the most part.  This is my first Diesel vehicle so I am out of my comfort zone with regular maintenance for the engine other than changing the oil/filter.  I am also new to the Milton Keynes area and am not familiar with where to find parts for my vehicle. 

I'm hoping that someone here on the board can help me with a list of maintenance that would be performed on the vehicle when purchased used.  

My current list of things to resolve on the vehicle:

1. missing engine cover

2. rear passenger tail light cracked

3. passenger heated seat switch

4. rear washer switch

5. backup sensor dodgy

6. replaced A/C condenser

I'm also hoping someone here can point me to where to find used parts for the vehicle as most of the items on my list would be replacement parts.

1 answer to this question

Hi, if you don't have any service history to it, I would do the cam belt and oil & filters. On the cam belt I suggest the water pump to be replaced too and on the oil & filters I would do the cabin filter and gear box oil( on the gear box oil just to make sure is the right amount and that is clean)

I would also check, the antifreeze grade( sometimes is just water) brakes and discs and if it comes with good tyres just the alignment, otherwise a set of tyres and soon after that the alignment ( sometimes it does not pull left or right but could be off angle and the tyre/s could worn specially on the inside)

As per parts...the parts listed above are not consumable so would be dealer if you wish to have new or eBay and you might get them second hand. If you don't have the engine cover it means you don't have the insulation either, you need that too, is a piece of black mat like a sponge that goes in top of the fuel rail and injectors. I'm sure you will find some on eBay...you have to have patience with these parts as they are not common.

Hope it helps.