2009 Chrysler 300C Crd Touring Engine Wont Srart

jeankeating

Question

13 answers to this question

If the battery is fine, investigate the starter, as I recently said in a post, sometimes works if tapped with a wood stick like a hammer handle, if it does not start, check the starter relay, the one that clicks when the ignition key is turned on.

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8

Hi, I don't have a model like yours, apologizes if you thought otherwise, I just give suggestions ( sometimes they work fixing the issue/s) when I have a minute.

However, please check the link bellow.

You might as well check for the Autoshotdown ( it is not a one word but is easier for me) relay too while you're there ( slightly different symptoms but just to make sure).

http://fusesdiagram.com/chrysler/fuse-box-diagram-chrysler-300.html

How can you tell the starter is OK, please excuse my asking, is the engine cranking?

What other symptoms can you tell?

Hope it helps.

hi Mikebh8

thank you so much for the chrysler 300 fuse box diagram it will help wwhittle it down. we had the starter checked out and it was ok. we were at the motorway service station and the car just wouldent start. my husband thinks your right it must be the relay switch or the wiring connecting it so we will check it out as soon as we can

many Thanks

Kind Regards

keankeating

You don't have to order a new one for now, remove the one from the fog lights (just turn on the fog lights to be 100% sure it works) and swap them, if the fog lights work with the one from the starter is not it. Also check the voltage and polarity to it, on pins 85-86 (when cranking) you should get 12v, the pins 30-87 switch the starter circuit on, if you don't get power on pins 30-87 (or either way if you don't get power to the relay at all) check the fuses, one of them (20A) is for the relay, and a couple of them are for circuits that need for starting as well, check them all.

If is not it, please let me know.

Edited by mikebh8

Hi Mike bh8

Thank you so much for going to all that trouble for us its much appreciated. we will get on to that as soon as possible and let you know how we get on. It may be some time as my husband is in the middle of building a garden wall at front of the house at the moment he is trying to get it rendered before the winter sets in.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

jeankeating