Anyone Local To Reset Service/oil Light? Milton Keynes

twe

Question

8 answers to this question

I was going to suggest the bellow link...but you're in it anyway.

http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk/topic/256-resetting-the-serviceoil-light-dealer-only/

You didn't get a software at the end?

Yeh I bought the software ages ago, but after updating to Windows 10, from 8, on my laptop it stopped working for me. Unless I try another OBD scanner. As it could be that since there seems to be no connection.

Any recommendations?

What operation system is required by the software? I see you used on windows 8, but the suggested most preferable one?

You can install a virtual machine, I use VMware 12(something, I don't remember exactly), and inside there install whatever OS is required ( iso files or installation cd required) sometimes the host will interfere with the virtual one, in that case I suggest you get a xp running device (or windows 7, if it works with), I wouldn't go for anywhere above windows 7, even if it does work, you will get hidden functions.

Most of the software's are running better on windows xp, I bought a £10 second hand laptop and use it just for cars. If is an aftermarket copy, it is usually advised that firewall and any antivirus protection to be turned off, on the xp that I use there isn't and it never goes online...to avoid any conflicts from the software's updates.

Plus, when your software came out just a guess, it wasn't windows 10, so the publisher never thought at making it compatible with it. I personally downgraded to windows 8.1 from an automatic upgrade to windows 10....windows 10 is not ready for generally use (my opinion), I had problems with installing even the CD printer.... it is just so they can make it more difficult.

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8