Condensation Of Water Vapour Inside Cabin

Dido

Question

With the weather starting to cool I find this rather irritating with the Delta.

On cold mornings, I get a lot of condensation on the inside of windscreen. Which means extra 5 minutes with the heating on, in colder months this turns into frost that needs scrapping from the inside.

As I bought my Delta second hand I am quite curious of its past and keep thinking this must have been some accident that left the cabin insulation less than perfect, as I never get such condensation with our older much larger cabin french 7 seater.!!

Do any of you share this or I am wright to question my Delta's past.

I just bought a humidity absorbing bag from Aldi for 5 quids that can be microwaved and reused, sits in the foot well, think this might help.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that one.....

5 answers to this question

I've noticed this morning, my neighbour's car was full of water on the inside of the windscreen and mine wasn't, I am just lucky I guess, however it is not normal.

A quick fix, until the real problem is found and solved, is few socks full of cat litter sand under the seats.

To check for where the humidity comes in through...check for any missing or loose rubber caps between the engine bay and inside the car, door trims and water leaks.

I personally wouldn't be scrapping (or wiping with a cloth for that matter) the inside of the windshield. Leave the heat on for extra minutes if required.

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8

Under the floor, there are several tabs which should be open to drain any moisture trapped under the carpet

It's good practice to have these tabs opened up

Also check your heater settings and make sure that you're not running the system with the recycle air activated

Clean your windows with isopropyl alcohol, to remove any build up of grease and window polish

1 more thing (2 actually)

Find the drains for the air intake into the car and make sure that the drains aren't blocked with leaves and debris

Change out the heater intake (pollen) filter

Edited by Andrewgrale