Rear Sensors

Matthewgo

Question

Hi - I have recently acquired a 58 plate Limited; it has park assist but the sensors do not sound any warning - warning lights work as does camera. Can anyone say definitely whether they should sound a warning (as any others I have ever had have done!) or are there different variants? I cannot get much sense out of the handbook!

Thanks M

2 answers to this question

Hi, is the camera factory fitted? One of the two is aftermarket and I bet the sensors stopped working and the camera was fitted instead of them being fixed, or for more accurate reverse assistance the sensors feed was used to give signal to the camera, on the other hand you do say that the warning lights are working, so it could be the buzzer, it is usually fitted where the tailgate buzzer is.

I prefer camera as when I was reversing once with a grand voyager, a metal post penetrate the boot, cost me 200 to replace the tailgate. I will however, if I were you, add an extra reverse light somewhere on the bumper.

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8