Hazard Light Panel Bulbs Blown

legonsuk

Question

4 answers to this question

I have not yet had to do this repair, but on my Tipo, LEDs constantly flipped, as well as the odometer mileage LED strips failing.....

When you get to the 'I have got you nearly out of the pub stage', there may be identifying marks on the LED.

Sometimes it is on the LED plastic itself (rare - but on older types), else it is on the stem of the LED metal shaft.

You may find further information on the wiring schematic in the handbook.

When / if you remove - note / check the polarity of the LED, bimp, bump, cutaway on LED plastic etc.

Penguin

Hi,

(I know this is a few weeks old, but thought I'd leave the info for future)

Yes this problem has come up quite a few times. Why Chrysler decided to directly solder incandescent bulbs onto the circuit board I'll never know!

I've done this repair on mine and a few others with LED replacements, they're tricky to do and the tracks can come off when you're soldering on the old Chrysler board but it's do-able.

I made a good find on ebay a while back, model train enthusiasts use small LED strips to light up carriages, etc, and they are ideal for this application:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUALITY-9v-12v-DC-3528-LED-SUPAFLEX-LIGHTING-STRIP-MODEL-RAILWAY-N-OO-HO-O-GAUGE/151025926614?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=450232359825&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So those might do what you want, just solder in place and as Penguin2007 says make sure you test and get polarity correct. There are no markings for + or - on the little board you remove from the car so I ended up doing it the hard way, get your multimeter and test it whilst connected to be sure.