Voyager 2007 Alarm Issue

yableep

Question

Hi everyone,

I would need some help or advice about factory fitted alarm on a 2.8 CDI Voyager.

I have an intermitted issue with the disarming of the alarm system.

On some occaions the fob will not disarm the alarm system, but it let's me start the engine.

I managed to reset it via disconnecting the battery.

After a couple of days it does it again.

I wonder if replacing the alarm control module would fix the problem.

Does a new control module would need programming?

Also where is the location of the module?

Any advice or help is much appreciated

Thank you

18 answers to this question

Hi, did you try checking the car's battery?

Also it sounds like the baterry terminals are not connected properly, or a communication is lost somewhere,I would lean towards driver side door.

If the car is armed and the baterry disconnected, the alarm will sound until the baterry is connected back and the key is turned into the ignition as it has a backup baterry...

Starting the engine and arming/disarming the car are two different things connected between them. If the alarm fails, the car would be disarmed by the ignition key turned on, and the other way around if the alarm is not disarmed by the fob or the key into the ignition, the engine would be restricted by the alarm. I personally believe that the module does its job.

On the occasions where it doesn't work, how are you getting inside the car?

You don't need to reprogram the module, however if it comes with no remote/s you will have to program the existing ones. How to videos on youtube.

Never took one out but it looks like is behind the dash on top of the cluster. Repeating myself I would look for a faulty wire that on ocassions shortcuts the circuit and develops the fault, generally on movable parts like the wires passage from the car to the door .

Don't take it for granted, hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8

Hi, did you try checking the car's battery?

Also it sounds like the baterry terminals are not connected properly, or a communication is lost somewhere,I would lean towards driver side door.

If the car is armed and the baterry disconnected, the alarm will sound until the baterry is connected back and the key is turned into the ignition as it has a backup baterry...

Starting the engine and arming/disarming the car are two different things connected between them. If the alarm fails, the car would be disarmed by the ignition key turned on, and the other way around if the alarm is not disarmed by the fob or the key into the ignition, the engine would be restricted by the alarm. I personally believe that the module does its job.

On the occasions where it doesn't work, how are you getting inside the car?

You don't need to reprogram the module, however if it comes with no remote/s you will have to program the existing ones. How to videos on youtube.

Don't take it for granted, hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply,

The fob works okay, it opens the doors okay, but on some occasions it doesn't disarm, but I can start the engine.

Maybe the communicator on the driver's side door popped off? Is that what you are trying to say?

Thanks for your reply,

The fob works okay, it opens the doors okay, but on some occasions it doesn't disarm, but I can start the engine.

Maybe the communicator on the driver's side door popped off? Is that what you are trying to say?

Now it's doing it all the time, ican set the alarm with the fob, but can not disarm.

Hi, I am assuming something is wrong in the driver side door can't exactly say what wire would be or what the fault is.

Does the other one work at all? What if the remote disarm button has corroded and needs cleaning, do the other buttons work?

When you say the fob works fine, you mean it unlocks and locks the doors as it should but it doesn't disarm the alarm, it that case would most likely be something wrong between the mechanical unlocking and disarming switch on the door.

Did you also try resetting the remote/s. On some cars after replacing the batteries or after long time the remote hasn't been used, the remote needs repaired with the module.

Depending on model it is usually done by turning the ignition into on position and playing with the arm/disarm buttons, can't say for sure the procedure, but if you find the instructions online worth trying.

Also, removing the battery terminals I don't think it helps much as the alarm has a back up battery, you could try removing the central locking fuse and wait few minutes before replacing it.

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8

Hi, I am assuming something is wrong in the driver side door can't exactly say what wire would be or what the fault is.

Does the other one work at all? What if the remote disarm button has corroded and needs cleaning, do the other buttons work?

When you say the fob works fine, you mean it unlocks and locks the doors as it should but it doesn't disarm the alarm, it that case would most likely be something wrong between the mechanical unlocking and disarming switch on the door.

Did you also try resetting the remote/s. On some cars after replacing the batteries or after long time the remote hasn't been used, the remote needs repaired with the module.

Depending on model it is usually done by turning the ignition into on position and playing with the arm/disarm buttons, can't say for sure the procedure, but if you find the instructions online worth trying.

Also, removing the battery terminals I don't think it helps much as the alarm has a back up battery, you could try removing the central locking fuse and wait few minutes before replacing it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your replay,

All the buttons on the fobs are working, the only thing I can't do anymore is disarm the alarm (at first it was every other day, now it is very time when the car is parked for the night and in the morning the same happens), it unlocks the doors okay. I believe  the fobs are working okay. Maybe there is something not working correctly with the switch in the drivers door. Anyway, I am taking it back to the dealer as it is still under warrenty. It's the hazzle, that bothers me.

i have the exact same problem 

when alarm is armed goes off 

can lock and unlock with remote fob but does not turn siren off 

i have tried numorous resets diconecting battery does nothing apart from annoy it more lol

had auto electrician look at it (dont think he was very good) said there was no fault found  

i just lock my car with the cental door lock button on the door now 

if some one has got a cure for this would love to know it myself 

ps had same problem on my last 2.5 voyger too 

i think its just another voyager quirk !!!(as im on my second voyager with exact same issues) 

Scrufgp, in your case could be an inside snsor, there is one in front of the passenger side( on the pillar) and one at the back on the tailgate... If it triggers it means is set off by something obstructing the circuit. If you had a door opened, it would make a beep when locked from remote.

Hope it helps.

thanks for advice mike 

i have had the internal sensors checked and all seem fine and dandy 

the alarm can be armed as usal but could be 2 mins or 2 hours later the siren will sound 

and will not turn off with key fob or manual door lock disconectiing battery 

i have tried every thing i can think of to no avail 

Thanks for your replay,

All the buttons on the fobs are working, the only thing I can't do anymore is disarm the alarm (at first it was every other day, now it is very time when the car is parked for the night and in the morning the same happens), it unlocks the doors okay. I believe  the fobs are working okay. Maybe there is something not working correctly with the switch in the drivers door. Anyway, I am taking it back to the dealer as it is still under warrenty. It's the hazzle, that bothers me.

I have done some more research and it has been suggested to disconnect or replace the sirens backup battery, it can cause a lot of problems (on some occasions water gets inside or battery is dying). I bought another siren from the scrappy for £10 to have a look inside. There are 3 components inside, speaker, circuit board and battery, all just connected with push on connectors, nothing soldered. I am planning to just unplug the backup battery on my siren to see if my issue goes away, if that doesn't solve it, I will swap the circuit board. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your reply,

Do you know where the backup battery is located? My siren is a twin horn, but can not see the backup battery anywhere near it.

Thanks

Do you know where the backup battery is located? My siren is a twin horn, but can not see the backup battery anywhere near it.

Hi, the backup battery is inside a black box, it looks like an old Bluetooth speaker, if you fallow the leads from the twin siren it will probably go there.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Hi, the backup battery is inside a black box, it looks like an old Bluetooth speaker, if you fallow the leads from the twin siren it will probably go there.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, the wires disappear in a harness. I've seen a small black box opposite the speakers encased in a metal box, maybe that is the one. there is 1 cable coiming out of there, but it is not going to the siren.

I had exactly the same problem with my 2.8l GV (2007)...it turned out to be the amp in the back draining the battery quickly and causing the alarm not disarming, then main battery discharging and then alarm going off (activating) at random times *presumably when the main battery is about to completely discharge. Alarm only stopped when the auxiliary battery died. Hope this helps someone in the future! (Cost me £500 in tests and diagnosis etc)