Chrysler Grand Voyager - Rear Bench Seats Replacing ?

coopermanyorkshire

Question

Hello

I have a  late 2005 ( Dec ) C G Voyager with Stow n Go seating system , the very rear bench seat is a single , double split seat , they both fold away perfectly , however the single seat back will not fix in the upright position , meaning this seat is useless , if you sit on it the back falls backwards and will not lock into place , whilst with no one sat in the seat the seat back falls forward .

Two questions these are 

1 ) Is there a simple fix to lock the seat back  in the upright position to make it usable

2) If I buy a full rear bench seat ( currently £70 on ebay ) , how easy is it to replace the full rear seating system

Thanks for any help or guidance on my problem 

2 answers to this question

Have a look at the strap numbered 1. 

Mines got stuck once, and wouldn't let the back lock up. I put something through the loop in the rear for a bit of purchase, (which was shorter than the same strap on the other rear seat, as it was stuck in) and gave it a good yank. This put everything back into place and it has been fine since.  

Edited by soupstone

Have a look at the strap numbered 1. 

Mines got stuck once, and wouldn't let the back lock up. I put something through the loop in the rear for a bit of purchase, (which was shorter than the same strap on the other rear seat, as it was stuck in) and gave it a good yank. This put everything back into place and it has been fine since.  

Thanks for the reply , just had a quick look and both  the number 1 strap seems same length , pulling on the strap on the faulty side does nothing , it as if the strap is trapped  ,the boot area is full up with a pram , carry cot,car seat etc , that is going at tea time , I will then be able to get some purchase on strap 1 to see if I can release it