Ypsilon Parts...where?

bbcobmike

Question

Hi Folks,

I bought an almost new Ypsilon in 2012 (1.3 multi jet diesel) and apart from the dpf filter needing a clean by forcing it to regenerate  it has been perfect and is still as good as new.

Now  the exhaust back box has lost it's outer skin and I need a new one. Been searching the usual online places but can't find one anywhere even putting in both Lancia Ypsilon and Chrysler Ypsilon in searches.

I think the part number is 51837104 and eventually I have found someone in germany who can get one for £150!!!

I'll try an exhaust wholesaler  near me tomorrow (Marathon in Reading) but wondered if anyone could let me know where to get one from in the UK. 

Thanks,

Mike

3 answers to this question

Hi, I am not doing publicity for any websites even though is the third time this week I recommend this website but

if they don't have it, there is an option there where you put your part and the search goes to all the car parts that are signed. I got once an engine from there, they will contact you probably next day.

http://www.trents.co.uk/

If they don't have it, someone else in the country that is linked to them will reply.

Good luck.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I sent an enquiry to Trents but response was negative.

Asking at two exhaust wholesalers came with the same response that it was dealer supply only. Still waiting for dealer to call me back with a price but I know I can get an OE one from Particus in Germany for £170 including tax and shipping.

Did consider a Power Flow one but the price was £250.

Right an update.

The Particus site gave their price as being a 16% discount on dealer prices. i took this as being accurate and ordered the part for about £170. I then got a response saying that the part was not available and had been superceded by two parts...silencer and pipe.

I was asked if I wanted to proceed and said no. 6 days later a refund had not been received. Emailed and received a promiss of a refund that day. Two days later still not showing on my credit card account but have been advised might take another couple of days.. we shall see.

Went to the Beaconsfield dealer (Hughes) and got the now two parts in 5 days for a price of £137

So I cannot recommend Particus with inflated dealer prices and slow refund.