Gearbox Solenoid Pack.

Stevec0268

Question

Hi All,

Changed the fluid and filter in my auto box (2.8 CRD 2005).

A fairly simple job but unfortunately it hasn't resolved my problem.  Still getting error code and lim home mode.

Next job is mto look at solenoid pack.  Can anyone tell me what the gearbox code is for these cars so I can price up a pack, also if anyone has already done it was it an easy (ish) job?

Edited by Stevec0268

8 answers to this question

Hi, I tried to find some details online, nothing, nor on the autodata that I use.

However the gearbox should have the code on it, try to clean with a brush any dirt see if comes up.

Hope it helps.

Cheers Mike,

Weather permitting i will try at the weekend.

What's your error code pal? Only because I've got a similar thing on one of mine but its a communication between TCM and PCM so cock all to do with the box itself, sort of sadly as that could have been fixed!

Hi,  am getting fault code P1776 - Solenoid Switch Valve Latched in LR Position

AS said have tried fluid and filter, next option is solenoid pack unless communcation problem could cause this?

I don't really know but shouldn't think so, but it could be worth removing the pack from the front of the box to take a look first?

Sorry then re-read the top post, the assembly comes off the front (rad side) of the gearbox at the top so should be a simple job!?!?

3 bolts?

Go people tell me it's a git?!

I do think you are right with the 41TE gearbox code for the 4 speed transmission.

Edited by bignev